Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the critter pics...

maybe keep a cheap plastic ruler on you... who knows who is living in that bottle :wink:
cheap plastic rulers float.. need one negatively buoyant

I have an aluminum one. So far no problems.
10246570_10152058714233531_3808314960691022264_n.jpg

I figured it was a squid, but it didn't look like the ones towards the end of video. I thought it might be a different type?

---------- Post added April 29th, 2014 at 08:37 AM ----------

Again, thanks for the ID. I Googled juvenile squid and he did kind of look like this one. I need to invest in the screen for the GP because the lighting drowned out all the color once I adjusted it (poorly).

bigfin-reef-squid-24M1655-29D.jpg

Squid Stock Photos | Squid Images

---------- Post added April 29th, 2014 at 08:38 AM ----------

I also need some macro so I can get a better shot of the nudis.

Last edited:
Had everyone written to help protect the bridge from the expansion project proposed? http://reefrescue.wordpress.com

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Had everyone written to help protect the bridge from the expansion project proposed? Reef Rescue - Coral Reef Blog

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Here's a great letter already crafted by Ed Tichenor from Reef Rescue. It takes two seconds to cut, paste, and send.

The Army Corp of Engineers Port of Palm Beach expansion EIS does not to fully assess environmental impacts on diving/snorkeling at the world famous Blue Heron Bridge (BHB). Recreational activities at both the BHB and Peanut Island will be severely impacted by turbidity, siltation, blasting and construction equipment associated with the proposed expansion project.

The tidal currents in the area have potential to transport contamination throughout this important and fragile ecosystem. All negative economic impacts resulting from the loss of recreational usage of the area have not been factored into the overall Port of Palm Beach Expansion economic assessment. I urge the FDEP not to issue any permits for this project until all negative impacts to the BHB are fully addressed.

Squeezed in a dive this morning along with Biminitwist. Glad I did! Conditions were great. 79°F and 25-30' vis. I ditched the 5mm and went to my summer outfit of skin + hooded vest. Completed my main objective of showing Biminitwist where the roughead blenny lives, and also took some pics of it with the diopter. Can't wait to get home from work tonight and see the photos on the computer screen! Tons of action today...Biminitwist found a nice little striated froggy, we saw a seahorse, a (banded?) jawfish was coming out of his hole, nicely posed Pedersen shrimp, sailfin blenny, dragonettes, etc. No nudis for me today but that is ok. On the larger than macro scale lots of action too. Baitballs, HUGE school of jacks, schools of rainbow parrotfish, couple of batfish, a few big gurnards. At the end of my dive a fisherman decided to hook my flag line, so I took off like a massive hooked fish! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom