Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo!

Crazy up here. Left early to get a parking space. Guid thing I did.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added April 26th, 2014 at 05:13 PM ----------

And that cheap weed they're smoking....

Thats it, your a weekend diver now!

must be low end medical weed:wink:....

:rofl3: must of been.

MrChen and I went last night and had a nice dive with 2 newcomers from Mass. Viz about 15 ft. Temp started at 79 on my Suunto and went down to 77 after dark......started feeling a chill at about 90 minutes, but we stuck it out for 2 hours more or less. MrChen saw some squid and I saw a lone small eagle ray plus millions of shrimp out and about. Where there is a little algae on the bottom--tons of little fishes all over in the bottom inch or 2. I saw the biggest hermit crab I think I've ever seen, can't imagine it finding another larger shell and it NEEDED one; looked like Lou Ferrigno in the Hulk role. If someone threw a brain bucket motorcycle helmet off the bridge that might work for this hulk the hermit!!

Was it this guy? I saw him on the west end a few weeks ago. Looked like a five gallon bucket.

DSCN0909.jpg

Next time I'll roll a beer bottle over so you can see the size.

We had a very nice dive Sunday as well, with conditions as Jim described, though I would put vis slightly less.
I may have found more things Sat night but the highlight Sun for me was a hunting gold spotted snake eel (not a sharp tail) that gave me the typical snake eel
"eye and nose peeping out of the sand" shot and as soon as I stopped video he came completely out and actively foraged around for a long time and I (hopefully) have some very nice hunting footage.
I was praying I got him actually catching something but having only ever seen a snake eel fully out at night once in my life it was pretty special.
Lots of nudies as the current started pushing out.:D
John

Attachments

• BHB-201404278731.jpg
    BHB-201404278731.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BHB-201404278654.jpg
    BHB-201404278654.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 69
  • BHB-201404278661.jpg
    BHB-201404278661.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 78
  • BHB-201404278704.jpg
    BHB-201404278704.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 66
Nice nudis..

Oh, that eel is a goldspotted eel, page 432-433 Reef ID 3rd edition. :wink:

We had a very nice dive Sunday as well, with conditions as Jim described, though I would put vis slightly less.
I may have found more things Sat night but the highlight Sun for me was a hunting gold spotted snake eel (not a sharp tail) that gave me the typical snake eel
"eye and nose peeping out of the sand" shot and as soon as I stopped video he came completely out and actively foraged around for a long time and I (hopefully) have some very nice hunting footage.
I was praying I got him actually catching something but having only ever seen a snake eel fully out at night once in my life it was pretty special.
Lots of nudies as the current started pushing out.:D
John
Nice eel. I saw him in the hole last night but he wouldn't come out for me and I was out of air.

Was it this guy? I saw him on the west end a few weeks ago. Looked like a five gallon bucket.

View attachment 182918

Next time I'll roll a beer bottle over so you can see the size.

THAT'S what I shoulda done!!:cool2: I was wondering how to show scale!! Not the same--this guys claws seemed larger than the rather too smallish shell it was using last night.:D

Nice nudis..

Oh, that eel is a goldspotted eel, page 432-433 Reef ID 3rd edition. :wink:

Yep, we had looked him up too but definitely a snake eel, now I just need a free swimming whip eel......
everybody had long gone and current was blowing when he made his move...
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom