Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question; sheriff apparel on who?
the guys diving in the boat channel or the guys driving by them in the boat....
I have had the sheriff boat rev his motors directly over my flag to signal me to come up and say "Get out of here".
Working for the sheriff in Broward I asked "why, I'm not breaking any law" so he informed me there was a dead body by the fishing pier and I needed to
"repeat get out".
Saying "well I didn't kill him" and "can I keep diving if I drag him to shore for you" did not seem to help.
At least we were left alone out front for remainder of our dive.

I know guys on our marine unit that are divers and very cool also others who are not, every outfit has them.

The guys that were diving in boat channel were. (I was underwater watching them and the hull pass over.)

Great first shot Jim.
I'm never ready when they make a dash but hope springs eternal,
speaking of which these glowing reports of warmer water may let me pack away my 7 ml :banana:

This guy was just ambling along....moved almost as slowly as I do.

As to your 7 mil...I just got my dry suit back from being repaired and the water is almost too warm for it now. In fact I'm considering removing my rashie from under my 5 mil

Mirror magic

Yes, this is a sailfin Blenny! It is odd to have it out of its hole, it must have been defending against intruders. The best way to capture one out of its hole is to set a mirror up next to the sailfin's hole. It will think the reflection is an intruder and strike at it....

OK. I've recently learnt of *2* situations in which a mirror might come in handy down there - sailfin blennies and pike blennies. Any other such tips out there I should know about??

Kevin

IMG_4613wa.jpg

Short answer: Yes
:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Pretty much any critter that is territorial will put on a good display facing a "rival".
It is especially intense during spring fever...
I have some good stuff of a shy trigger that would not let me close going off to his reflection completely forgetting about me and putting on a great display.
A mirror is also useful to check if someone is following you....
John

Short answer: Yes
:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Pretty much any critter that is territorial will put on a good display facing a "rival".
It is especially intense during spring fever...
I have some good stuff of a shy trigger that would not let me close going off to his reflection completely forgetting about me and putting on a great display.
A mirror is also useful to check if someone is following you....
John

Thanks! That reminds me that Jim Abernethy keeps a bicycle mirror attached to his housings.

Kevin

Knowing Jimmy that's to catch the Tiger Shark sneaking up behind him:)

Speaking of bikes and mirrors, I remember that bike under the big bridge was almost rideable, not so much anymore !
The blennys do enjoy peeking out from the handlebars !

Finally got out there for the first time today since September. Fun. My buddy wanted to do weight checks with his new tanks, and I was using different fins.

I tend to be foot heavy and i was pretty dialed with my positive atomic smokes, but I wanted a paddle for the bridge. I used a pair of snorkeling fins with socks today. (neutral in fresh water) Boy were my feet floaty. It took at least 20 min to get dialed in. Next dive (here or there will be my 13 year old USD original blades. I've lost over 20 pounds the past year, so maybe the negative fins I love will do the trick.
Some pics may show up on Facebook, but they won't compare to what you guys post here :).
No "J" sightings on my part, but perhaps others were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom