Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we were amazed but like so much else at BHB we would have never known had we not seen or heard of the possibility about it from all our friends that dive the bridge religously and are so great to share their knowledge.
Of course, special thanks to Linda who saw it last and gave us hope...
Still a a massive long shot but that is the magic of BHB. anything is possible!
Who knows what is next!!!!!!
:D:D:D

I guess you made it down there without burning up?

And back, too. But, I did get to see some of the cool icons that can light up on yer dashboard. Got the owner's manual out and saw that there's *dozens* of them. :D

---------- Post added June 28th, 2015 at 09:20 AM ----------

Hey jimw and any other lurkers who may be diving the bridge today.

I plan to make the dive and expect to start splashing around at 2:30 or so. Driving a white Subaru Forrester, and lugging a big black camera housing with a pair of little gray Inon strobes on bendy arms if anybody’d care to say hi, or perhaps maybe share some eyeballs for critter spotting.

Got yer nice note on the windshield. Sorry I missed you. Had *thought* that I had spotted you under water, but was unable to coax whomever it was to come over and see all the cool stuff I was finding. :wink:

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0256.jpgIMG_0258.jpg

We saw a tubeworm out and about last week, very interesting! The frogfish on the left was next to it and I wondered if it or we had anything to do with the "Free-Wormy"! Someone else recently mentioned seeing a similar critter out, so I wonder if there's a time when they do such things?

Any viz report for today? We plan to go tomorrow evening. The viz on Thursday fell a little from the previous days--last Monday thru Wednesday were very good. Any viz news from the weekend?

Got yer nice note on the windshield. Sorry I missed you. Had *thought* that I had spotted you under water, but was unable to coax whomever it was to come over and see all the cool stuff I was finding. :wink:
Where you at the bridge on Friday?

---------- Post added June 28th, 2015 at 09:07 PM ----------

Read this on FB.....

PFP Update for Businesses and Instructors: This is an attempt to clear-up any misinformation regarding some upcoming changes being implemented by the Parks Dept. While the BHBDC welcomes discussion please be aware that this is a Palm Beach Country Park’s decision and all questions, concerns, and complaints should directed to them at the email or phone number listed below.
As of July 1st, Dive shops/businesses/Independent Instructors will need to apply for a business permit from the Parks Dept in order to conduct training inside Phil Foster Park. You can apply for the permit directly from the Parks Dept, specifically John Wildner (Jwildner@pbcgov.org; 561-963-6707). Shops will be issued "6" instructor permits and will pay $350 for the annual permit. Independent instructors will pay $150 annually for "1" instructor permit. These fees will include the opportunity to conduct night diving activities. You will be required to add the County to your insurance policy, etc to complete the permit process. Please contact John Wildner for all of the details/necessary requirements to register. All of the money paid directly to the Parks Dept goes into the Parks Dept General Fund for continued park improvements both at Phil Foster and throughout the county.
If you do not want an annual pass, instructors can pay a daily rate of $5 per student to the concession in the park. Instructors will need to check in at the concession, sign a release form and show proper credentials. Students and customers do not need to check-in at the concession. Stores and Independents purchasing the annual pass do not need to check in at the concession as long as they've secured the annual permit.
Although this technically goes into affect July 1st, the Parks Dept is allowing a grace period to allow businesses and instructors time to get registered and secure the necessary requirements for the permit.
Regular divers (non-business) should not be affected at all. There is no permit/fee required nor check-in required to continue to enjoy diving at Phil Foster Park. Should you have any questions, comments, concerns, please contact John Wildner and Eric Call at the Parks Dept...561-963-6707.

Where you at the bridge on Friday?

I wuz. Thought that might have been you with another lady at the bottom of the slope at the end of my dive. I pointed out a black froggie down there and messed with some pikeblennies just above. Noted a familiar purple ruler attached to one of you. :) Had spent most of that dive on the snorkel trail.

yep. was wondering if that be you..Saw you messing with the pike blennies.. Did you get the photo of that green thing in the debris pile I pointed out? Trying to figure out what it is..

998 ID please.jpg

Looked for you later on, we found some chromodoris binzas
998 cbinza_02.jpg

yep. was wondering if that be you..Saw you messing with the pike blennies.. Did you get the photo of that green thing in the debris pile I pointed out? Trying to figure out what it is..

View attachment 211574

Looked for you later on, we found some chromodoris binzas
View attachment 211575

Dang! I almost *never* see any flatworms nor nudis. Cool. I think they usually capitalize the genus names.

IMG_2121a.jpg

IMG_2122a.jpg

I'm thinking part of a scrunchy, maybe? Although, it also looks kind of "hollow", so possibly some sort egg sac kind of thingy? Lots of mysterious stuff down there. . .

We did the sunset dive yesterday and an intense red sunset it was--I could see it UW on the west side between bridge and fishing pier..........IMG_0085.jpg

Saw 3 or 4 little Striated Frogfish, 3 or 4 because one of'em might be a repeat--yes, we meandered! My thanks to the guy who pointed out the 1st one! David and buddy had another one surrounded, so should I count that one as well? Wednesday night should be good. Water temp last night 82--viz 15-20 ft. I used my new $11. 1000 or 2000 lumen light, nice ebay purchase although the 18650 battery might be junk--we shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom