Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have good luck with waterproof containers. I can't say I have had flawless luck with them but this is probably the best option if you have a decent waterproof case.If the key and fob are separate...I have cut the crimped ring on rental car keys many times returning it with a split ring...or one time a zip tie!

I use a small "otter" box, and when I want to be safer, and remember, I put the fob in a small Ziploc, then the otter box.

This seems as good a place as any to ask. Maybe this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.

I'm stopping at the BHB in July for a weekday noon dive. I'll be on a road trip from Daytona to Key Largo and the timing (tide) is perfect!

I'm from Oregon, so I will have a rental car. More and more frequently, rental cars have a key FOB with integrated key/remote. Sometimes they have a separate FOB, but the key and FOB are permanently connected on a crimped wire ring. If I am unable to separate a key from the FOB/ring, what do I do? How can I dive, and secure all my stuff?

I don't want to make this more complicated than need be. I don't want to have to buy a combination lock-box or some other crazy device to protect the keys.

Anyone have any advice?

I have a valet key for my vehicles with fobs; the valet key unlocks doors, but nothing else.

The key and fob are locked in the vehicle and the valet key goes under water

I've had a lot of rental cars, none came with the valet key.

Sometimes the spare key was in the trunk by the spare tire, not on a crimped cable.

Some people have good luck with waterproof containers. I can't say I have had flawless luck with them but this is probably the best option if you have a decent waterproof case.If the key and fob are separate...I have cut the crimped ring on rental car keys many times returning it with a split ring...or one time a zip tie!

---------- Post added May 26th, 2015 at 02:08 PM ----------

I'll try my best to get some pics early next week. I know that Scuba Jenny has some new pics she could put up!

No pressure, eh? LOL

A goldspot goby. Love it when the subject is still, my camera can focus AND shoot before it moves. Oh, and the subject is not hidden. Woot.
18893_10152848542838531_8337759619757006984_n.jpg

A new nudi species for me. Discodois Evelinae

11163894_10152848548488531_3465086790863567357_n.jpg

I know, everybody takes photos of scorpionfish.. what's one more? They are like shooting seaweed blennies.. a must photo.
11074189_10152848548513531_8746259797147159561_n.jpg

A tiny brittle seastar on a seabiscuit
11295546_10152848538383531_5271249409638882552_n.jpg

Conch convention
11141355_10152848537898531_8920171678645716936_n.jpg

Traffic jam at the conch convention
11377291_10152848539688531_3049933897099848696_n.jpg

more to come. I went to the bridge again today.

So far I've learned two mayor things...

1- Every single fish collector is a villain.
2- Having 100 divers ... puts [no] pressure on the area... ALL divers are capable to figure out how to preserve the area...

Yes... somebody please get a very big stick a beat all the collectors
Poor Ana! You just haven't had the epiphany. You haven't seen the light.
I used to collect only rotted tennis shoes and torn underwear at BHB... but then one day the Blue Heron Dive Gods guided me to the light. (Actually they were too busy that day so they got somebody else to do it... but I digress.) I learned that when I collect those treasures it robs the natural wildlife (the ones hanging out in the parking lot) of their stuff. Everybody knows the natural joy of entering the water, finding a torn and stained Fruit of the Loom classic, and wearing it around for a while. What happens when the BVD at BHB Collectors scoop up all theses treasures? How many land mammals are denied the opportunity to experience the sea in these BVBs because of the thoughtless acts of The Collectors?

Not me, I've seen the light. I'll pray for you sistah!
:doctor:

MB are you trying to say that collectors are ok?

hmmm maybe I should bully you, how about the 1st week of July ? I'm busy all June.

Eighty Two degrees in the BHB waters this afternoon.........Oh joy, Summer!--Lose the Lavacore! More joy tomorrow afternoon and the day after that--then a night dive next Monday! 82 degree water, did I SAY that!!! Viz about 20ft. Saw a large bait group with big cudas moving thru it....leisurely shopping for dinner........

You going up today? See ya there!

This seems as good a place as any to ask. Maybe this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.

I'm stopping at the BHB in July for a weekday noon dive. I'll be on a road trip from Daytona to Key Largo and the timing (tide) is perfect!

I'm from Oregon, so I will have a rental car. More and more frequently, rental cars have a key FOB with integrated key/remote. Sometimes they have a separate FOB, but the key and FOB are permanently connected on a crimped wire ring. If I am unable to separate a key from the FOB/ring, what do I do? How can I dive, and secure all my stuff?

I don't want to make this more complicated than need be. I don't want to have to buy a combination lock-box or some other crazy device to protect the keys.

Anyone have any advice?
There's key shop just past the bridge on the right that has been very helpful to us. They made a copy of key for a ridiculously small price in a very short period of time. If all services worked like theirs, the world would be a better place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom