Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This threat against my child was not made by some random person. The individual is a law enforcement officer. Presumably one who has ready access to weapons. I EXPECT that an individual who is employed in that profession would not make public threats to stab children for perceived rudeness. I baffles my mind really.

A reputable and trustworthy LEO has an obligation to hold themselves to a higher standard than some random idiot on the internet. I think we should demand that an officer would exercise better judgement and not make public threats like this. The fact that this officer seems to be behaving in a manner that is so divergent makes it difficult to dismiss the threat as clearly a joke.

Would not this type of behavior be of concern to the agency who employs the officer? Would the agency perceive it as a "family joke"? The officer has indicated that an apology is owed.. for the behavior my son engaged in...and not her own. It really is bizarre.

Nobody on ScubaBoard is more critical of LEOs than I am (just ask Allison) ... that said, I'm gonna hold them to that standard as a function of their job.

When she is scuba diving, she's not a police officer ... she's a fellow diver. She's not taking her uniform, badge, gun, and authority to use them underwater with her. She's traded them in for a scuba tank, regulator, camera, whatever her preference for exposure protection ... and her dreaded pokey stick. I'm not gonna hold her to any higher or lower expectation for civil behavior than I would anybody else down there.

Your arguments are reminiscent of people who want to hold moderators to a "higher standard" when they post something ... that argument only holds up if they're posting in their capacity of moderator. Otherwise, they're just another poster, and it's a false argument.

People have lives outside of what they do for a living. And for as long as you've been posting, by now you should have learned that what people say on the internet lacks the kind of inflections we all count on in our communication to understand how to take what was said.

I don't think for a moment that Allison's the sort who would threaten or harm a child ... and I've had arguments with her on exactly that subject with respect to her real-world job. I may fear her as a cop ... but I'd trust her as a diver.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nobody on ScubaBoard is more critical of LEOs than I am (just ask Allison) ... that said, I'm gonna hold them to that standard as a function of their job.

When she is scuba diving, she's not a police officer ... she's a fellow diver. She's not taking her uniform, badge, gun, and authority to use them underwater with her. She's traded them in for a scuba tank, regulator, camera, whatever her preference for exposure protection ... and her dreaded pokey stick. I'm not gonna hold her to any higher or lower expectation for civil behavior than I would anybody else down there.

Your arguments are reminiscent of people who want to hold moderators to a "higher standard" when they post something ... that argument only holds up if they're posting in their capacity of moderator. Otherwise, they're just another poster, and it's a false argument.

People have lives outside of what they do for a living. And for as long as you've been posting, by now you should have learned that what people say on the internet lacks the kind of inflections we all count on in our communication to understand how to take what was said.

I don't think for a moment that Allison's the sort who would threaten or harm a child ... and I've had arguments with her on exactly that subject with respect to her real-world job. I may fear her as a cop ... but I'd trust her as a diver.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually he is right Bob, a police officer is a police officer 24/7/365; the behaviors for which other people are not accountable outside of a work environment can get a police officer terminated.

We look at outside behaviors as a predictor of job related behaviors.

I know as well as you that Allison was making a joke which went over like a lead balloon.

At least she has a sense of humor.

I know as well as you that Allison was making a joke which went over like a lead balloon.

... they ain't paying her to be a comedian ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What's the pub.

Interesting how much better they looked on Facebook! I never noticed before. I have posted some both places as well but had not noticed such a difference......much more vibrant on FB, richer colors, etc......Nice pics MrChen!

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2015 at 12:46 PM ----------

What's the pub.

A section on SB where all is ok--not ok in the traditional sense, but ok to say! So to speak! :)

I'm assuming tomorrow would not be an ideal day to drive down from Tampa for a dive would it? How is the area affected by wind? Looks like it's going to be blowing around 20mph out of the west.

I'm assuming tomorrow would not be an ideal day to drive down from Tampa for a dive would it? How is the area affected by wind? Looks like it's going to be blowing around 20mph out of the west.

Was real good today. 25-30 feet pretty blue water.

Yeah, I wish I would've gone today but I decided to take advantage of the lighter winds today and fish out of the boat. The plan was to fish today and dive tomorrow, but the forecast changed pretty drastically, it was just supposed to be breezy now it's going to be windy with a pretty solid chance of rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom