Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxes

Since your stored message box is full will post this here

Looked at your mask mock up and it raised some questions.
I''ve had a few including even with different strength diopters (in case I wanted to peer myopically with one eye at a closer distance) but all ran across the mask horizontally like readers.
Never seen it run up the inner side like that and was told they don't do progressive lenses in dive masks.
Is it a conceptual thing as I've never heard of looking at your nose to see vs tipping head to peer thru readers.....
John

Them dern mail boxes ain't near big enough for somebody as popular as I.

Why in the *hell* would you want to tip yer dern head back to see sumpin under water?? If I wuz to do that, I'd bang the back of my head into that thing I screw my regulator on with - which is what I've *done* ever since I lost that mask.

What I done wuz, I held my finger up in front of me about a foot away, wearing my dive mask at the time, and then poked a magic marker type thing against my mask, lined up right between my finger and my eyeball. I did that a bunch of different times at various distances from my mask and made a bunch of different marks until I had a bunch of them dots lined up like one of them least square regression things, and then just ran a line through them. Same thing that I did with that mask I lost a while back. I'll attach a pic of that one here. ((Aside - I lost all the above fine, typed stuff when I went looking into making that attachment in the wrong manner, and couldn't find anything in the FAQ to tell me how to get it back, so I just started over - *but*, I *then* noticed that down there on the lower left was a place to click that said something like "restore auto-saved junk". So, I clicked on it, and, *sure enough*, there it *was*!!))

If you hold yer finger up real close to yer face, yer eyes will cross - like you wuz lookin at yer nose. It's one of them angulation things that nobody ever thinks about. I, on the other hand, am constantly reminded that I "think too much" or "over-think" things. I like to think of it as thinking about it just the right amount. :D Bottom line is, you don't want them readers at the bottom (at least not all the way across) for yer basic, "up close" vision - in my opinion. You want em near the middle of yer visual field, I think.

There is one manufacturer that sells a "reader" mask with the "reader" part next to the nose (Cork has one of em), but even *that* one is shaped as a semi-circle, instead of what makes sense (to me). Some may call it "thinking outside the box". I just call it "thinking". :D (Another aside - I'm currently having similar "discussions" with tennis pros in another forum about the way volleys and slice backhands are taught. Some nice screen shots supporting my point of view are available amongst my 50,000 Flickr pics if anyone is interested. :D)

lost mask.jpg

Interesting as usual Kevin. Not sure how practical. Also the thickness of the diopter and nearness to your eye can be an issue.
Where did Cork get that mask?

Interesting as usual Kevin. Not sure how practical. Also the thickness of the diopter and nearness to your eye can be an issue.

I've forwarded yer inquiry to John C.

How sure do you need to *be* about said practicality? If I tell you that the berries are ripe, just git yer bucket!

The mask that I lost with the readers next to the nose area worked *perfectly*. I actually have a mask with the extra strong readers (3.0, I think) as "trifocals" in one of my masks, but it goes across the very bottom. Definitely *not* very practical. And, with the bottom of *this* mask angling off laterally, I'll probably not be able to use both eyes for using the 3.0's, but it might help with some really tiny stuff. We'll see. As long as I'm going to the trouble, why not. . .

---------- Post added January 19th, 2015 at 02:35 PM ----------

Sea Vision – on line

SeaVisionUSA

Everyone, this thread is about diving and the critters at BHB. Keep this up and the thread will be blocked once again. Can everyone please drop this discussion or carry it on via PM. Let's get back to diving!

... or take it to The Pub where the rest of us can have some fun with it ... :wink:

Nice pics in this thread ... I really gotta go dive there sometime ... hopefully when Officer Finch and her pointer aren't in a bad mood ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... . hopefully when Officer Finch and her pointer aren't in a bad mood ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Or make certain Sgt. Finch is unarmed, and successfully completed anger management training.

Or make certain Sgt. Finch is unarmed, and successfully completed anger management training.

To be clear, I was joking. Despite the fact that I enjoy getting under her skin in The Pub, I'd love to meet Allison sometime and dive with her. Something tells me that in real life she's a hoot to be around ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom