Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't HAVE to fry turkeys, though it would be nice. Would be good to get something going though...

Okay, Jenny it looks like we have a party going. Looks like you, Splitlip, Jimw and me so far. It might be a little smaller than in years past but, a party. Whoohoo.... mur and reebs and turkey and diving! It doesn't get any better than that. We are leaving on yet ANOTHER dive trip the next day. I get to dive with my favorite mermaid again in Grand Cayman. I am excited! So, we will plan on seeing you then if not before.

Did a nav and search and recovery dive today in 18" of vis at the bridge... pretty realistic conditions, but less then steller for sure.

For some reason this morning the viz improved as the tide started to turn. I got there late and only expected
about 20-30 minutes of remaining slack tide but the slack tide held pretty well and I was able to get in maybe
40 minutes or so. I had around 4-6 ft viz on the outside of the channel along the south channel fence pilings.
Along the wall it was closer to 4 ft due to less light. Water temp was 74F.

Dry Suit packed, scooter and cameras charged and packed,full tanks and gear packed, O2 and jump kit packed. log book in the trunk...alarm set for 5:45 am guess I'll just HAVE to go diving in the morning.
:banana:

Beware! There be trolls under that bridge. :biggrin3:

Blue Heron Bridge Troll a.jpg

The Viz was about 12 feet today with whale snot and lots of silt that the newbies did a great job of stiring up. Temp was 76 to 77.4 I saw a few shortfin pipefish and a tiny batfish who climbed on to my hand. In all, it was a nice dive and I'll be back under the bridge on Tuesday.:fish:

Better viz today ranging from 20 to 30. The water was warm at 79 but the moon jellys are back:banghead:

Saw some nice critters today including a Northern Stargazer and a Longsnout Seahorse.

Blue Heron Bridge Stargazer Gazer.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Stargazer Longsnout Seahorse.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Stargazer Scrawled Filefish with juvenile Gray Angelfish.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Stargazer Tube Dwelling Anemone.jpg

A special thanks to Zippers for the heads up about the stargazer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom