Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to try to get parallel to him spitting sand/shell so he stays in the DOF, luckily they will give you loads of opportunity.
Saw a great juvenile yesterday and probably spent twenty minutes working the angles and creeping in closer.
Very happy with it.
John
But the question remains.. will we ever see it? :D

Sigh...I had forgotten the trick to embedding YouTube videos! Thank you, it's fixed now, I think!

I saw some really cool behaviours by some pipefish at the start of the dive. The Backscatter Macromate is key to getting shots of stuff like this with the GoPro and I think it should be considered required equipment for any GoPro users at BHB, but it has a shallow depth of field and unless you set the field of view to narrow, slightly blurry corners, so it isn't easy to capture moving fish in focus.

You can watch the jawfish go in and out of focus as he moves through the depth of field, and he's fast! Even slowed down to half speed or less. Then again, if I end up with a mouthful of sand, I'd spit it out fast too!

I like the head on perspective. Way cool!

It feels like forever seen I've been to the bridge. I can't wait for Friday! I would say it's easily been a month since I missed the last night dive due to a lionfish incident.

It feels like forever seen I've been to the bridge. I can't wait for Friday! I would say it's easily been a month since I missed the last night dive due to a lionfish incident.

Your scubaparents are hoping you show up for the Friday night Force E BHB dive. We want to hear all about your lionfish close up encounter. I believe the lionfish won..(sort of).... is that correct? BTW how did he taste? LOL So, the after dive soiree will be at the secret troll bar Brass Ring. All are invited for the lionfish sting whine off.

But the question remains.. will we ever see it? :D

I suppose the possibility exists if I stop diving long enough to edit something.
I'm only slightly behind, say 1500 dives or so.
May post some pics from Monday's dive if Kelly has time.
That will have to do for now:D
John

A couple from yesterday's stint. Viz better than expected(got in around 4), and the water temp at best about 80, felt colder.

This time around, my sister-in-law got to see some stuff ... as for pics, most of them not worth posting, but the ray came out nice, and the Townsend Angel was actually my first one ever ...

PICT0009ar.jpgPICT0033a1.jpgPICT0035a.jpg

Was shooting video when it happened, I used my housing to save myself.........

Attachments

• Female Roughhead.jpg
    Female Roughhead.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 91
Was trying to catch two bumble bee shrimp picking at his suckers (which they feed on) when I dropped my guard:D
John

Attachments

• Octo.jpg
    Octo.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom