Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard the tin foil makes him easier to spot when he's been dragged out the inlet to sea whilst diving low tides from the east side:D
Though that kinda confirms the "crazy person" part too......
When you headed back Kevin, thinking Saturday will be a madhouse at the park:boxing:
John

Figgered the madhouse would likely start today. Would have happily faced it if I thought I had a chance to see anything cool. Heading home this morning. Ain't scared of no currents - jelly or otherwise. My momma said it wasn't nice to make sport of crazy people.

I'll bet yer brother-in-law did just fine. Saw a pod of four of those bugs yesterday at LBTS.

View attachment 188002

Beats mine ... Once again, just a liiittle too close for my cam ...
PICT0487b.jpg

Re the other thing ... Ever seen a 6'3, 230lbs chicken?? After we had done two good prep sessions in the pool, a couple of days ago, dude puts on his brand-new boots, grabs his mask, my sister-in-law offers him her fins for a bit, and he goes:" Nah, think I'll stay where I can stand up ..." Long story short, he ended up wading around in shoulder-deep water for an hour, looking at ... rocks!!

^^^^ :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Figgered the madhouse would likely start today. Would have happily faced it if I thought I had a chance to see anything cool. Heading home this morning. Ain't scared of no currents - jelly or otherwise. My momma said it wasn't nice to make sport of crazy people.
Kev-
You know I would never make sport of crazy people any more than the directionally challenged:D:D:D
Sorry we missed your "window" but if Jet says it is slow you may have better luck shore diving in Georgia,
btw, I expect at least 3 seahorses and a juvie big eye, no pressure.......
Look forward to your culled keepers from this trip!!!!!
See you next time, sufficient warning implied
:D:D:D
John

Oh Kevin! We tease you because we love you!! (But I'm never going to let you live down the tin foil) Did anyone brave the crowds and storms yesterday? Anyone have a conditions report??

I scrolled through photos from past July's and it appears I don't dive too much this month
; I spend a good chunk of it in the southern hemisphere.

p.s. Kevin - was that red grouper pic from BHB or LBTS?

Last edited:
Third try to post. Kept eating my well-thought-out and constructed missives. :cussing:

For Aruba, I'm thinkin that yer brotherinlaw simply has "style".

John, what is this thing "culled"??

Jet, the little grouper was from the bridge. Wanna know where??

Went back and looked through my Flickr "albums" (formerly known as "sets") and found plenty of cool stuff in late June/early July. That area on the southwest of the west side looked like an atomic bomb had gone off this week. Other than a few razorfish, there was almost nothing alive over there. Well, one of the two, big octopods was still on his old tire. . . The caulerpa was all gone and there were zero variegated urchins - which usually tend to almost cover the area. What the hay??

I practically *live* for teasing. Were I unable to take it, I'd possibly have to consider not doing it, anymore. :D

Last edited:
Jet, the little grouper was from the bridge. Wanna know where??

Thanks but it's ok - I'll just use your pic. :) Highly unlikely I will get back up there before the week of July 28. I'm sure Mr. Red will be long gone by then.

Still sorta happy

Thought this was an interesting shot. . .

IMG_5564wa still happy.jpg

Well, dang. That backscatter hardly shows at all in the original, but I can't keep it from showing in this post. No idea how that works. . .

Attachments

• IMG_5564wa still happy.jpg
    IMG_5564wa still happy.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 153
Ouch..

What is it with you and damaged fish.:confused:
Every time I see one with some ulceration or wound I think ah ha, another model for Kevin.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom