Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday there were some jellies in the water. I saw a few of these odd shaped ones. A couple of them had really really tiny fish next to them. They do not sting, and they are not in the REEF Creature book. About 2" squarish, almost looks like a closed clam shell floating through the water horizontally. At first thought it was a broken piece of jelly then after seeing a half dozen the brain kicked in... LOL

10481591_10152189907858531_3251616329925923173_n.jpg

two quick questions - my buddy and I plan on making the trip to WPB for the weekend of the 4th. Do you guys think tropical storm Arthur will affect diving the BHB or the reefs? We will be diving the reefs the morning of the 4th and diving the bridge on the 5th.

second question - if it is our first dive at BHB, is is worthwhile to hire a guide? $85 seemed a little steep. Thoughts?

I apologize if this should be posted elsewhere.

Do you guys think tropical storm Arthur will affect diving the BHB or the reefs? We will be diving the reefs the morning of the 4th and diving the bridge on the 5th.

Doubtful...

Second question - if it is our first dive at BHB, is is worthwhile to hire a guide? $85 seemed a little steep. Thoughts?

$85 is not a bad price, and even though I have been diving the bridge for years, I use a guide, and it is well worth it. You will see so many more that even I would have swam right by...

I apologize if this should be posted elsewhere.

This is the perfect spot!

Hope that helps!

yesterday there were some jellies in the water. I saw a few of these odd shaped ones. A couple of them had really really tiny fish next to them. They do not sting, and they are not in the REEF Creature book. About 2" squarish, almost looks like a closed clam shell floating through the water horizontally. At first thought it was a broken piece of jelly then after seeing a half dozen the brain kicked in... LOL

10481591_10152189907858531_3251616329925923173_n.jpg

Some type of ctenophore. They are pretty common. Not sure what they are called.

th

A guide can be well worth it. You'll probably still have a good time if you go without, but guides dive the bridge often, and can point out some way cool stuff. If you are bringing a camera, and you don't dive there much, and just have time for one dive, then it's a pretty simple decision.

Blue Heron Wreck and Marine Life - YouTube

Thought I was unlucky this week, with a minor housing leak forcing me to walk the still camera rig back out of the water...but that left me free to focus all my attention on the GoPro. I have to tell you, the Backscatter MacroMate is slick! It was impossible not to have fun. Guess I was lucky the still housing leaked, and I think I'll leave that rig at home this weekend and only go with the GoPro!

Last edited:
yes. hire a guide.
I am saying that as a guide and as one who has heard comments from others who have hired guides. Do some work though when picking your guide. I heard one horror story of somebody hiring a guide from a local shop (not Force E or PuraVida) and the person just moved down 2 weeks prior!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom