Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim
Clearly the full force was with you!
Nice seeing you (or at least your dive light) last night...
It was a great night for live shells and nudies!
We had fun and I got lots of exercise!
John

Had an awesome dive at BHB last night. The nudis were out in full force!

Mind boggling.

---------- Post added June 30th, 2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

Any photos I post from another site, I get the url and wrap http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/florida-diving/ tags on either end...
example from FB (remove the spaces)...
[ img ]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10447599_10152151258343531_6854904261798048814_n.jpg[ /img ]

[/QUOTE]

Hey! I didn't know you wuz be a geek! Thanks for sharing. Hope I remember to try that out, sometime.[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added June 30th, 2014 at 10:34 AM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]About to hop in the minivan for a quick run down for at least the a few of the weekday high tides (if I can pull myself away from the Wimbledon coverage :D)

Should any of you esteemed bridgers wish to share intel, show off interesting finds, share a few beers, or just give me some buoyancy control tips, feel free. My email address ain't hard to find. Howerver, a lot of the amazing stuff Tim finds is way too tiny for me to make out and appreciate under water. And, I can't imagine John sharing his special scout's eyes. :D

Oh, and where's the pics of that little cornetfish??

Kevin
Not sure what my schedule will be like this week, been working the "night shift" on the helicopter and I spend most of my next day recovering.
Ahhh, youth why hast thou abandoned me.
If we can swing it though I'll shoot you a heads up or pm me your cell.
Not to take credit, but I showed Tim the yellow cowrie (red mantled beauty) and free rolling feeding helmet conch on our night dive, proof that even the blind squirrel yada, yada.
If we do roll, my spotter will be with me and I joke she is better at showing other divers great finds than her buddy.
It is hard to refute "you were nowhere around" when she has the flag :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
John

Dang! that is a big lion!! I heard about it today after the dive.. more west than east, my intel said it was near one of the buoys.. anybody up for taking it out?
Vis today was a greenish 20ft or so. Got a bit chilled though I heard the water temp. was 82° I would have guessed it closer to 80°.

I had a (for lack of a better word or phrase) private instruction about the workings of a camera underwater. It was a late night discussion and unfortunately my mind holds even less info at that time. From what I remember, I tried to put to good use, pushing my camera another step further in seeing what it can do. Lots more blurred images, but the ones that did turn out.. much better.. will post a few soon..

---------- Post added June 30th, 2014 at 07:07 PM ----------

Guess the instruction is working.. OMG.. this thing is so small.. about the size of the small end of my muck stick..
10330460_10152189934573531_6566942495253907143_n.jpg

No macro needed..
10479344_10152189907108531_4095590569622117994_n.jpg

Found 5 today, two sets of mated pairs.. I wonder if she spawns multiple times? One pair, the female looked ready to burst last week is not that big this week.. but surely not skinny..
10464147_10152189908043531_942071829246009605_n.jpg

uncropped.. let's see how much eye I can get in a frame..
10363084_10152189908498531_8770760990549400631_n.jpg

Last edited:
We went today and the Diva was a little cold, but I was ok in just a thick Aeroskin and light hood. I had 82 degrees on my Suunto thruout the dive. Viz was not so good--12-15 ft. We started on the west and went east. The higher particulates were on the west--not so bad all the way east on the snorkel trail but it was still very milky. We saw several Pederson Cleaner Shrimp on Corkscrew Anemones and cleaning fish, etc out on the rocks............Nice dive, might go again this week if viz improves OR we just feel like it!!:cool2:

Last edited:
One last photo from today.. Playing with camera settings.. shot at a 2.8 f-stop with an 11 mm focal length. maybe I should have changed the f-stop.. but I kinda like the effect...
911 spotted eel.jpg

and my buddies view as i was shooting.. yeah, it's further than 11mm.. guess I was just setting up the shot.. LOL
10501644_10202828006436537_8930901168604164031_n.jpg

If your culling lionfish I "heard" there was one in the sponge garden where ever that is.....

Saw a fattish striated frog swimming up into the water column the last night dive and almost stroked as my batteries were stone dead.
Weird but it would swim at the divers lights.
John

Not to take credit, but I showed Tim the yellow cowrie (red mantled beauty) and free rolling feeding helmet conch on our night dive, proof that even the blind squirrel yada, yada.

Thanks for pointing those out!

No problem, wish I had seen the red nudies, they only come out in full dark.
Next trip you can show us:D
Here is a cool one Kelly showed me.
Got some cool SMC macro video of it.

Kevin-
He is right off that diagonal slope:wink:
John

Attachments

• shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.