Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's some cruddy video from last Wednesday to make yers look even better. :) But, I thought some of the behaviors were cool enough to share, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOqvotohBAA
The video quality may have been dull but the behaviors were definitely cool.

---------- Post added May 25th, 2014 at 08:21 PM ----------

Love the macro, what are you using?
Thx. I'm using a Panasonic LX7 with an Inon diopter. It's turning out to be quite a step up from my GoPro.

---------- Post added May 25th, 2014 at 08:32 PM ----------

It was a bit dark still but I'd say 20-25 feet

I'd have to agree. It was the first time I'd ventured there so early.

It's been a lil while since I've posted and I think longer since I used my gopro on a dive... This is a quick vid from last week at BHB. I took my friend out for her first time there (she's not scuba cert yet) and we just finned around for fun. I was a lil shaky with my gopro and def missed the angle a few times, still fun though.

Oh and nice vids above!! I'm hoping to get my Oly wet next week. I can't remember how to post a vid here with a viewable preview instead of just the hot link...

SnorkelinG Gopro on Vimeo

It's been a lil while since I've posted and I think longer since I used my gopro on a dive... This is a quick vid from last week at BHB. I took my friend out for her first time there (she's not scuba cert yet) and we just finned around for fun. I was a lil shaky with my gopro and def missed the angle a few times, still fun though.

Oh and nice vids above!! I'm hoping to get my Oly wet next week. I can't remember how to post a vid here with a viewable preview instead of just the hot link...

SnorkelinG Gopro on Vimeo

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. You guys covered a *lot* of ground. You can hold yer breath for a long time, eh? Yer friend has talents, as well. :D

Wondering if any of the Trolls would like to snorkel/freedive the area by the Pumphouse and the North Jetty tomorrow morning....beginning before high tide....Sandra and I are going, possibly a few others..it is a pretty awesome change of pace alot of you would like.....
[video=youtube_share;nsJNxGEhCV0]http://youtu.be/nsJNxGEhCV0[/video]
This is the area on a low vis day.....Monday should be big vis and tons of marine life and colors!

And.... I really need some people snorkeling in some video I want to shoot there :)

Dan, where do you park when you dive that area?

Danvolker, I'm wanting to dive/freedive more this year than I have been recently. Depending on my schedule I'm always down to go after 11am... Not really a morning person since I work nights.

And Mntiblok, yea she's got some talent :wink: I'm not nearly as good at breath holding as I used to be.

Dan, where do you park when you dive that area?
There is a Vietnam Vet that lives close to the perimeter road where it is closed off just before the jetty...we give him a 12 pack of Beer, and cigarettes, and he lets us use his parking space --he does not have a car.
Today, 4:40am as I write this, I doubt he will be awake when I drive by..so I will be dumping the gear off with Bill by the end of the road, and then parking at the Ocean Mall--and then taking a 8 minute walk or so back to the jetty....and then we will get in at the Pumphouse. Normally, this is an hour before, the hour of slack during, and you let the current take you from the farthest in you have gotten, back to the pump house at the end of the dive in the 3rd hour, if you want to stay in as long as possible :)

---------- Post added May 26th, 2014 at 04:44 AM ----------

Danvolker, I'm wanting to dive/freedive more this year than I have been recently. Depending on my schedule I'm always down to go after 11am... Not really a morning person since I work nights.

And Mntiblok, yea she's got some talent :wink: I'm not nearly as good at breath holding as I used to be.

I hear you....I would rather not get up this early either.....

But the last couple of days seeing the 100 foot vis, and this is like a "siren's call" :)

Dan, I like the freedom of snorkeling and would've liked to have gone but the conditions at the beaches in Jupiter are also great. I'm going to try and find that cannon again. I want to get photos of it.

If anyone is ever up that way and interested in looking. It was at the no name beach south of Coral Cove. There are 2 set of stairs and it was 20 or 30 steps north of the north stairs, out in a crevasse near the far edge of the rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom