Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and I are thinking about taking a hike from the Gulf Coast to dive the BHB this weekend. I've been tagging along in this thread for awhile and have read the basic info on the net about the dive. Just wanted to get some input on the suitability of the 9am and 9:55am high tides on Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the input.
Check out Force-E dive center on the west side of the bridge. They used to have maps of the site.
http://cdn.force-e.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bhb-map.jpg

Had a nice dive with Mr Chen tonight. Cold, windy, and rainy topside, but underwater was great. Planned on going to the west side but ended up doing circles out in front of the beach. Fortunately we never got lost....however managed to go N, S, W, and E. Thanks again Force-E for hosting tonight's dive!

Found a crab that just finished drinking a reeb:
jpeg-2848.jpg

Very sluggy tonight:

jpeg-2758.jpg jpeg-2772.jpg jpeg-2781.jpg

Found a cool nudi:

jpeg-2794.jpg

Some shrimp

jpeg-2837.jpg jpeg-2824.jpg

And a few other little guys:

jpeg-2803.jpg jpeg-2805.jpg jpeg-2846.jpg

A few from this morning's dawn dive. Viz a good 30 ft, water temp 73. At least that's what the Suunto says.
DSC04202.jpg DSC04299.jpg DSC04305.jpg

Not sure what happened here. They were all lovey-dovey one minute and the next this: like I say to Tall Guy "there are many doors into the dog house ..."
DSC04289.jpg

One was probably looking for a cigarette...

Great dive. When we got near the west bridge, the temp on my computer started going nuts. It was bouncing around from 74 to 71 to 70 to 73 back to 71... Checking it after the dive, the lowest it recorded was 69. I called the dive 15 min short of 2 hours because I was getting cold. I'll definitely wear my lava core next time.

Tim, you continue to have a great eye for finding those small critters. One day I'll be able to get, afford, a macro camera setup and I can hunt those guys down for some photo ops. I went home, washed up, and passed out. I'll try to get some video up tonight or tomorrow.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 09:08 AM ----------

The last time I noticed, Force E had an updated map with the rocks, ie: Snorkel Trail on it. There is a less detailed map on a sign over in the area behind(and to the West of, MrChen) the lifeguard stand!

It was good seeing you and Carol at FE last night. I thought you changed your mind and showed up to dive. We followed your directions to the T and, we didn't make it to the snorkel trail nor to the west bridge. :) We just circled around in the middle of nowhere looking for small things that I couldn't see and Tim was taking photos of. I snuck in the gopro while he was taking photos so I could get a closer look on the computer of what he was seeing. Hopefully the lighting on the GoPro video will be better this time, I used him as a light source the entire time. I figure if you don't have our own lights, then just use someone else's. Lucky for me, he agreed to it ahead of time.

Last edited:
Tim, you continue to have a great eye for finding those small critters. One day I'll be able to get, afford, a macro camera setup and I can hunt those guys down for some photo ops..

Hunting them with a camera might not make it any easier to find that kind of stuff. Folks like Tim have something the rest of us don't. Most impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom