Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan- For sure, but hope springs eternal!
Speaking of hope, we Hope to get up there tomorrow, Mr C may get wet sooner than wanted with the rain forecast....
All good!
John

Wife and I are thinking about taking a hike from the Gulf Coast to dive the BHB this weekend. I've been tagging along in this thread for awhile and have read the basic info on the net about the dive. Just wanted to get some input on the suitability of the 9am and 9:55am high tides on Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the input.

Should be early enough to avoid the picnic weekend bunch. Get there a couple of hours before hi tide so you can talk with other divers, get ready, and enter the water around an hour early. My suggestion--go straight out to the rock reef which runs east west and go left or right. If you get in on the west side of the buoyed swim area(no diving in the swim area)and go straight out most of the rocks will be east(to the left). If you go west--there's a little wreck--more rocks--then take a nnw compass heading and head for the big bridge. If the viz is 15ft or better-it will be easy to follow the rocks. If you go east--the rocks are in less of an east west orientation-there are more varied formations and you will be able to go SE or NE or continue east. In any case, you will reach the end of the rocks. Go north with the current if the tide is still running north(incoming)so you see you want to be at the end of the rocks before hi tide maybe 20 minutes or so--stop off at the little wreck before the bridge. There is a larger sailboat wreck just under the bridge. Have Fun!

Should be early enough to avoid the picnic weekend bunch. Get there a couple of hours before hi tide so you can talk with other divers, get ready, and enter the water around an hour early. My suggestion--go straight out to the rock reef which runs east west and go left or right. If you get in on the west side of the buoyed swim area(no diving in the swim area)and go straight out most of the rocks will be east(to the left). If you go west--there's a little wreck--more rocks--then take a nnw compass heading and head for the big bridge. If the viz is 15ft or better-it will be easy to follow the rocks. If you go east--the rocks are in less of an east west orientation-there are more varied formations and you will be able to go SE or NE or continue east. In any case, you will reach the end of the rocks. Go north with the current if the tide is still running north(incoming)so you see you want to be at the end of the rocks before hi tide maybe 20 minutes or so--stop off at the little wreck before the bridge. There is a larger sailboat wreck just under the bridge. Have Fun!

Excellent information and thank you. Will try my best to memorize the plan ahead of time. It looks like we'll be there Sunday for sure and possibly Saturday as well (thinking about boat dives on Saturday). If anyone is around and wants to show a couple of strangers the ropes we'd be much obliged.

Someone needs a Mani/Pedi...

In other news, I will be down the first week of March. Not that anyone cares, but I am always looking for people to tag along with!
Probably good time for you to get away Bobby. Air temps will be in the mid 60's to the mid 80's.

Probably good time for you to get away Bobby. Air temps will be in the mid 60's to the mid 80's.
Hoping for temps like that anyway. A very important person in my life is due on the 6th, so getting in some diving, as well as seeing her and her baby are the priorities.

Someone needs a Mani/Pedi...
Always.. those dive hands take a beating! :D

Excellent information and thank you. Will try my best to memorize the plan ahead of time. It looks like we'll be there Sunday for sure and possibly Saturday as well (thinking about boat dives on Saturday). If anyone is around and wants to show a couple of strangers the ropes we'd be much obliged.
I do a bit of guiding at the bridge.. (shameless plug).... if you are interested in a guide..

Today saw 73° with up to 50ft. vis. Wow! The lionfish on the east side I wrote about the other day is gone. Hoping somebody got it rather than it moving on..

Dan- For sure, but hope springs eternal!
Speaking of hope, we Hope to get up there tomorrow, Mr C may get wet sooner than wanted with the rain forecast....
All good!
John

That's the wrong kind of wet! Every time it's raining, my wife texts me to ask if I'm still going. *sigh*

---------- Post added January 29th, 2014 at 04:42 PM ----------

You lost me. Right or left? East, NE, SE, but the rocks are west? The big bridge is nnw? lol :p

---------- Post added January 29th, 2014 at 04:43 PM ----------

Jim, I hope you guys are having fun at the fair, when I get lost tonight, it's your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom