Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there Saturday, cold and dirty and not very nice. Did a little snorkeling.

The class we watched did a good job of staying off the bottom. Not sure what Dan is complaining about..

[video=youtube;PPIAWZ7B2XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPIAWZ7B2XU&list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJQ& feature=share[/video]

I was there Saturday, cold and dirty and not very nice. Did a little snorkeling.

The class we watched did a good job of staying off the bottom. Not sure what Dan is complaining about..

[video=youtube;PPIAWZ7B2XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPIAWZ7B2XU&list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJQ& feature=share[/video]
With the class staying off the bottom, you and the other instructor( if more were there) were being responsible--which is what needs to get into the "awareness" of all the instructors using the BHB. My compliments and thanks.....
You still have some work on kick shapes for some of those students--but with your kick mechanics this should be easy enough for you...hopefully this is on the menu :)

I would also ask your thoughts on the agency allowance/mandate that that classes ( often huge ones) are taken on a tour of the entire area PREVIOUS to being taught any buoyancy or other skills beyond maybe a mask clearing.....as this is a agency contrived recipe for students crashing into the bottom... I know at least one major agency has this as a norm.....would also like to know how this compares to other agencies?

As to the rest of the video.....some interesting content.....and as long as you are out there picking up batfish and chasing rays.....no one can gripe too much about the behavior of the photographers at the BHB.....I'm thinking maybe we should pay you to be our "boundary" :)

Would you agree that the area, where you shot that class, is a much more appropriate choice for students still dealing with basic technical stuff, like buoyancy/trim and finning?

Beautiful pics!

---------- Post added January 27th, 2014 at 09:28 AM ----------

O wow didn't even see the video. Looks great!

Would agree nice video with the exception of the tard trying to grab the batfish, why put that in?
Think I saw that same group last weekend with the free hanging regs and gauges, hopefully they are having fun and will improve with practice.
Good background sound, overall well done.

I'm finally getting back in the water tomorrow after 6 weeks of being dry. Talk about withdrawal symptoms! Anyone else going tomorrow night? If so, see you there.

Would agree nice video with the exception of the tard trying to grab the batfish, why put that in?

Hey, as long as DD is doing this, it makes the photographer crowd look astonishingly responsible and grown up :)

And so he does not think I am picking on him....I am well aware that the effects of the fisherman--catching and killing the marine life out at Phil Foster Park daily, all day long....makes him appear as a Saint in comparison.
I'm sure the batfish in the video would rather be grabbed by the hand of Saint DD, than to be hooked by a fisherman :)

As I've mentioned before I think that is a faulty analogy.
If he wants to fish, fish.
If he is diving and showing people grabbing/abusing sea life that is not cool and detrimental to stress them for a jolly.
How can you admonish divers walking in the shallows and say this is ok, at least he's not killing them?
His videos are getting much more polished and I don't think that juvenile behavior is enhancing the content or sending the right message.
The marine life are a lot more approachable if not previously treated in this fashion by divers.
Pure selfishness on my part:D
John

As I've mentioned before I think that is a faulty analogy.
If he wants to fish, fish.
If he is diving and showing people grabbing/abusing sea life that is not cool and detrimental to stress them for a jolly.
How can you admonish divers walking in the shallows and say this is ok, at least he's not killing them?
His videos are getting much more polished and I don't think that juvenile behavior is enhancing the content or sending the right message.
The marine life are a lot more approachable if not previously treated in this fashion by divers.
Pure selfishness on my part:D
John

Good points...but we are talking about DD....you do know he is ...."different"... :)

View attachment 176135

Got to video the three pronged manatee and her pup yesterday.

Was she the Singer Island "Monster"? On History Channel?

---------- Post added January 28th, 2014 at 05:43 PM ----------

Is guess that would be our girl.

---------- Post added January 28th, 2014 at 05:53 PM ----------

Don't Step on Me.....I live in the shallows at BHB(10 photos)
Sandra and I would ask everyone forward this ---it is about getting awareness that divers should not be standing in the algae patches all over the shallows at the BHB. This is just about like standing on coral, but even most instructors are unaware of this....as you can see from dive classes at the BHB on any weekend.
Photos and explanations/captions on www.facebook.com/WILD.DIVING
Even touching the sand! When my friends do what they do; taking pictures of dead shells, bottle caps, etc. I enjoy hovering with the float. So much micro stuff to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom