Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the night dive and visibility turned out to improve towards 7:00pm. Got in at 5:00 pm with somewhat of a light chop & fairly windy... I'm going to say that vis was about 10' when we got in the water and for the first hr. it gradually increased. Surface conditions calmed down significantly towards the end. Managed to stay 2:30 hrs and high tide I believe was forecasted circa 6:00 pm.

Not a hole lot of divers on the west side. Visibility after 6:30 went up to about 15-20'. All in all, a nice evening at the bridge. Water is getting colder....time to get in before it's crazy cold.

Ricardo

Thanks for the report.
Looks like the thunderstorms and rain will probably keep us from the night dive.
I am getting soft in my old age.
:D

And anything low 70's water temps are crazy cold to barely moving 3+ hour submerginists looking for macro marvels!!!

Tried the short-sleeve Lavavore as an under-layer yesterday, the difference is amazing; a little over an hour from 4-5, and aside from a couple of snorkelers, I had the whole place to myself for most of the time. Guess, that heavy rain storm I drove through on 95 on my way home, didn't hit the bridge ...

PICT0291a1.jpgPICT0293a1.jpgPICT0295a.jpg

Nice conditions for this morning's dawn dive. Vis around 20 ft, water temp 77, very little current. The spy of the day was the Lesser Electric Ray. "Uncommon in Florida" according to Humann & Deloach.

Caption for pic #4: Somebody's ready to par-tee!!

DSC03631.jpg DSC03637.jpg DSC03648.jpg DSC03657.jpg

Nice conditions for this morning's dawn dive. Vis around 20 ft, water temp 77, very little current. The spy of the day was the Lesser Electric Ray. "Uncommon in Florida" according to Humann & Deloach.

View attachment 173481 View attachment 173482 View attachment 173483 View attachment 173484

Lookin' at those eyes, this one just finished that bottle!! ... Nice ...

Just remembered, ... what's this? Took that a couple of weeks ago, tried to look it up but couldn't find anything.

PICT0097a.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' at those eyes, this one just finished that bottle!! ... Nice ...

Just remembered, ... what's this? Took that a couple of weeks ago, tried to look it up but couldn't find anything.

View attachment 173492

Upside down jellyfish

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 07:37 PM ----------

The spy of the day was the Lesser Electric Ray. "Uncommon in Florida" according to Humann & Deloach.

View attachment 173483

Pretty cool! Did you know that's what it was when you saw it??

My find of the day.. Second time I've seen one.. woot!
Jenuchius Babilonia, commonly known as a Cerberilla. :D

1511248_10151822123638531_1863697033_n.jpg

Jet,
Great find on the lesser electric ray. I have seen two in south Florida and the last was on a dawn dive at The Bridge in front of the life guard station in less than 6' of water. They are very shy so getting any shot is wonderful. I know one photographer who will not be named that actually got shocked by one. He said that they are unbelievably fast when they strike.

Bill

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 03:05 AM ----------

Jenny,
Very nice! Beatiful colors.
Bill

Pretty cool! Did you know that's what it was when you saw it??

No - I thought maybe some kind of skate. But since I dive there so often and had never before seen such a thing I figured it a good spy. I had left Jenny and Jim (o-ring issue) so was on my own, heading back. When I showed them the pics in my camera Jenny said "lesser electric ray." She gets the credit for the id.

Jet,
Great find on the lesser electric ray. I have seen two in south Florida and the last was on a dawn dive at The Bridge in front of the life guard station in less than 6' of water. They are very shy so getting any shot is wonderful. I know one photographer who will not be named that actually got shocked by one. He said that they are unbelievably fast when they strike.
Bill

Thanks!! He swam right up to me and posed for photos. Dan V.'s wife Sandra got some good shots from this weekend (I think) - posted on his FB page. And someone else pm'd me a photo she took. So it appears this guy is hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom