Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kind of like metered parking. On busy weekend mornings it could help provide parking spots. I know there are carpool options as Dan is always telling us but it's just easier to pay a few bucks to park for 2 hours.

And it would weed out the people who use the parking spots but leave and go off to wherever they go. I've seen people park then walk off down the street, clearly not using the park facilities.

Yep, that, and as an additional bonus, LE could keep busy writing tickets for parking- instead of flag-violations ...:wink:

I tried reading through this monolithic thread, anyone can recommend a good dive outfit for a BHB weekend dive? (or three?) I am looking at Dec 21/22.

I tried reading through this monolithic thread, anyone can recommend a good dive outfit for a BHB weekend dive? (or three?) I am looking at Dec 21/22.

You don't need a boat for this.....Best Vacation experience is likely to be at the Hilton on Singer island...a beachfront hotel with good rates for divers ( ask for the SF Dive rate--don't use the 800 number as this is the national reservation service--you actually need to reach this hotel front desk....).....see this Hilton Oceanfront Singer Island

As for shops....Force E is pretty much unquestioned as the top shop for the BHB....and there is also Pura Vida dive Shop, and, Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures...both are close. All three will help you.
If there is more in your group than just a couple--like 2 couples or a family of 5 or more, the Marriott Resort and Spa on Singer is likely to be your best, as the $200 rate for all these people becomes a deal--2 huge bedrooms, =plus big separate living room with pull out couch, and full kitchen and washer dryer....it is like a huge luxury condo on the beach...with a great Restaurant.

If you stay at the Hilton, and don't want a rental Car, Jim Abernethy Scuba will pick you up with their van, bring you to their shop to get air and meet them..then they will drop you at the BHB marine Park....and get you afterward--the shuttle service is free. The BHB marine park is about 800 yards from the Hilton and Marriott( these hotels are next door neighbors on the beach), and Abernethy's is about 2 miles away. Force E is about 1 mile away, but you would need a rental car. There is a special Dive Rate with Enterprise Car Rentals.

I'd try a bit harder to read through the thread. Lots of good info and free entertainment to go with it. :D

I'd try a bit harder to read through the thread. Lots of good info and free entertainment to go with it. :D

Not always good, but it is entertaining...

Great!
Looks like your avatar seahorse is putting on weight but then it is getting colder.
Thanks for the report.
John

Anyone get out today or doing crack of dawn dive tomorrow we would like a report on conditions.

Was thinking of trying tomorrow (5:49 pm ish) but low vis report and:: :
tstorms.gif
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 83F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

is not making it sound too attractive.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom