Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 169417

Hello everyone!

What are you doing this weekend? Our next BHB Night Dives are Friday, November 1st and Saturday, November 2nd. Click the links below for more information.

Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive: November 1st :: Pura Vida Divers

Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive: November 2nd :: Pura Vida Divers

We hope to see you all there!

I'm registered for Friday.

---------- Post added October 24th, 2013 at 01:37 PM ----------

We are about to leave for the bridge..........See ya there!!

Not fair :)

Agreed, Not fair! and I'll try to point that out OFTEN!!

The viz is returning to the norm--today about 20 ft. The water temp dropped 1 degree to 81F. Jenny found a bunch of seahorses, Carol found 2 Neck Crabs and more seahorses, and I found my way back!:D

IMG_4453.jpg
Hairy Blenny and red sponge. Pretty, common fish at the bridge! AND, they stay still so I can take their picture!

Last edited:
Twas a good dive. Glad we got to meet up. The seahorses were a treat, and the other critters also good. I put vis at 30+ to start, but dropped rapidly after the tide change. The jellies that were so numerous on Saturday are all but gone. Woot. And it was :cold: gonna need to get a hood and switch out to my 3mm jane.. :cold: Also about that time of year to start bringing hot chocolate for after dive..

Twas a good dive. Glad we got to meet up. The seahorses were a treat, and the other critters also good. I put vis at 30+ to start, but dropped rapidly after the tide change. The jellies that were so numerous on Saturday are all but gone. Woot. And it was :cold: gonna need to get a hood and switch out to my 3mm jane.. :cold: Also about that time of year to start bringing hot chocolate for after dive..

Thanks Scuba_Jenny for talking me in to trying your short steel 80. The experiement dive worked for me. I like it! Already talked to my favorite dive shop Force E about getting a couple of them for off shore. No more Al 80s. LOL Still like my 67 for BHB.

And the best part of using a short steel 80........... taking off my weight belt!! whoohoo

Had a good time at the Rodeo Grounds. Lots of seahorses, neck crabs and other critters. You are right.... time to breakout the heavier suit and hot drinks. And, there is always the secret troll bar! See you soon!

Last edited:
that 67 was sweet for the bridge. I think I like yours just as much or better than my 67. Who woulda thunk there was an difference?

since weather is getting colder -- 5mm or 7mm for a new winter wetsuit? just have a 3mm right now. Doctor's appt is tomorrow to figure out the chest issues- got my fingers crossed this will clear up soon -- i'm in saltwater withdrawal right now :( i've only done the bridge 1x... and that was the west side... so need to get back up there and i want to be well enough cause there's a trip to the Spiegel planned in a few weeks which i have yet to go to yet either! :( good news at least is have both tanks ready to go -- but i think i want to have them reanalyzed but don't have my own analyzer yet. i'm not sure if one of them as 25 or 28 in it

Depends on your :cold: tolerance. I'm a weanie when it comes to :cold:. I wear my 3mm jane and a 7mm shorty and still freeze over the winter months. Others can get a way with a 5mm and be fine. Heck, yesterday I got cold, but there were snorkelers out there in just their bathing suits. weirdos.. :wink:

As far as tanks, you can probably go to the shop that filled them and reanyalize them.

the snorkelers were probably tourists who tend to be weird anyways! i did find out yesterday that we are one of the wholesalers for kraken.. unfortunately even i can't get it at the wholesale price :(

now that is sad.. drat..

well if you know anybody who owns a bar that doesn't stock kraken and you want them to.... least we know who they have to call...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom