Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, we are going tomorrow!

Probably 30-40 feet viz, nice blue water, tons of life all over the place. There where small clear / white jellies in the water at all depths. I am not sure what they are but I was just in a tshirt and swim shorts and no way I completely avoided them but never felt a sting on a 65 minute dive. We didn't go under either bridge just stayed out south of the beach.

Saw a. Few things we have no idea what they are. One is this thing. Not a great pic. It was on the bottom sucking in sand in its mouth I assume.

besy6epa.jpg

a7y2uban.jpg
asytebav.jpg

ta3y9a4y.jpg

Probably 30-40 feet viz, nice blue water, tons of life all over the place. There where small clear / white jellies in the water at all depths. I am not sure what they are but I was just in a tshirt and swim shorts and no way I completely avoided them but never felt a sting on a 65 minute dive. We didn't go under either bridge just stayed out south of the beach.

Saw a. Few things we have no idea what they are. One is this thing. Not a great pic. It was on the bottom sucking in sand in its mouth I assume.

besy6epa.jpg

a7y2uban.jpg
asytebav.jpg

ta3y9a4y.jpg

Thanks for the nice report!!

1 Upsidedown Jellyfish

2 Sea Cucumber

3 Grunts--lots of'em

4 North American Bubblefish with shopping cart in foreground:D

The smallish jellys you saw might be Comb Jellys--we saw some last week. Force E on Blue Heron has an open copy of Reef Fish ID as well as the other books in the series. All are worthwhile to own....Walmart online has a couple of them for little bucks.

Look to the left of the Cucumber--that must be the butt end as there are some cucumber turds nearby.

Are you going tomorrow? Thanks again for your report!!

Thanks for the nice report!!

1 Upsidedown Jellyfish

2 Sea Cucumber

3 Grunts--lots of'em

4 North American Bubblefish with shopping cart in foreground:D

The smallish jellys you saw might be Comb Jellys--we saw some last week. Force E on Blue Heron has an open copy of Reef Fish ID as well as the other books in the series. All are worthwhile to own....Walmart online has a couple of them for little bucks.

Look to the left of the Cucumber--that must be the butt end as there are some cucumber turds nearby.

Are you going tomorrow? Thanks again for your report!!

Have to go back to work tomorrow. Long weekend and got in 4 60 foot drift dives and the bridge today for my 25th overall dive. Have fun tomorrow hope conditions hold.

the 2nd might be possible for me -- nights at the bridge during the week are near impossible to do -- work for some reason frowns on cutting out early...

We had the best viz of 2013 today at the bridge! Around 45-50 ft. Lots of sightings from nudi's to eagle rays. We are going again tomorrow!! Water temp still 82F..........Even the Force E instructors were doing fun dives!:wink: It was still pretty clear after the tide changed!

RARE SIGHTING of BHB TROLLS at SUPER SECRET DIVE BAR

photoMA27699180-0001.jpg

Captured today a RARE sighting of real BHB Trolls at the Super Secret Dive Bar Brass Ring. Doing what Trolls do after a dive...... eating and talking about the dive. :cool2:

Conditions report for today 10/22/13 FANTASTIC Expect to see these trolls there again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom