Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vis was good today. 84* too. I wonder if anyone else heard the guys on the eastern boat docks hollering about it being private property and no one can dive under it? This might become an issue soon, they were pretty pissed.

they have been getting pissed at divers for years. We used to go over there but generally avoid it now...don't want to be responsible for an aneurysm.

Those east docks aren't always amazing, but when you go south along that wall, hopping from docks to docks, there's some cool stuff. I enjoy it, and can't hear anyone topside. I try to avoid the boats on the surface with me' ol' flag and such. Surfaced once right by the wall, in front of that yellow house. Two ladies sitting in the yard a few feet from me, enjoying a tea, and told me I'd just missed a sea turtle who had popped up to say hi as well.

Great vis, so warm I feel silly wearing a wetsuit (but I just can't not!), and lots of people for a mid week day.

nudibranch for SB-0445.jpg

Vis was good today. 84* too. I wonder if anyone else heard the guys on the eastern boat docks hollering about it being private property and no one can dive under it? This might become an issue soon, they were pretty pissed.

Are they not whistling into the wind? I remember hearing about this some years ago and have never known what legal standing the yellers might have? Anyone?

I would think that the docks are private property, but the water isn't.

I have my marine biologists visiting this week. I took yesterday afternoon off to tour them around. They invited two friends so we turned into a group of five. (And we all know how much I LUV group dives!)

But it ended up being as wonderful as ever. Six sh, two ff, spotted eagle ray, plus lots of "regulars" like octopus, yellow rays and flying gurnards. They were thrilled. Water temp 82, viz a particulate-filled 20-30 ft.

DSC01756.jpg DSC01772.jpg DSC01779.jpg

BEautiful on your whitish seahorse. Love the composition.

best guess is that while you are in the water as long as you aren't cutting lines, physically disturbing the boats, it's legal -- if you try to climb up the dock, that's another story. who has jurisdiction? Coast Guard or?

The Public Trust Doctrine And Florida's Navigable Lakes And Rivers
"The boundary between publicly owned navigable waters and adjacent privately owned uplands is the ordinary high water boundary."

BEACH ACCESS
Thus, like most states, Florida recognizes the mean high water line as the boundary between public trust land and private property.

Perhaps somebody who loves researching this stuff and can translate legalize can find better links..
My takeaway.. docks are private, water is for everybody. Those people yelling are only making noise..

The Public Trust Doctrine And Florida's Navigable Lakes And Rivers
"The boundary between publicly owned navigable waters and adjacent privately owned uplands is the ordinary high water boundary."

BEACH ACCESS
Thus, like most states, Florida recognizes the mean high water line as the boundary between public trust land and private property.

Perhaps somebody who loves researching this stuff and can translate legalize can find better links..
My takeaway.. docks are private, water is for everybody. Those people yelling are only making noise..
\
Someone might want to check into the issue of the "what if" a boat pulls into the dock, and a diver is swimming under the dock.....there could be a liability concern for the dock owner, and the boaters will be concerned with the potential prop damage they would get if they hit a diver....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom