Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been on the snorkel trail at times *other* than slack? I've got snorkeling peeps who cannot accommodate the tide schedules. Since the snorkel trail is a-ways over from the channel pinch where the current is maximum, I was wondering if the attenuation is enough to make the snorkel trail viable.

I apologize if this has been answered before. ScubaBoard search engine works on threads, but not individual posts. Which is totally useless for the BHB Trolls thread, ha ha.

You should be OK on the snorkel trail. The closer you get to either bridge, the more noticeable the current. I've been near the trail a couple hours after high tide and been ok.

Has anyone been on the snorkel trail at times *other* than slack? I've got snorkeling peeps who cannot accommodate the tide schedules. Since the snorkel trail is a-ways over from the channel pinch where the current is maximum, I was wondering if the attenuation is enough to make the snorkel trail viable.

I apologize if this has been answered before. ScubaBoard search engine works on threads, but not individual posts. Which is totally useless for the BHB Trolls thread, ha ha.

I would add that if I were to snorkel the trail at a time other than slack, I'd shoot for the hours when the tide is "incoming", so as to maximizing the chance for better visibility. I suspect that if it's a day with 30+ feet of viz that probably any time would be OK.

Late report but a very nice dive last Friday on the way to Key Largo. A ton of critters--2 seahorses, 4 pipefish, 2 bats, a Striated Froggy, and many more.........Good viz at the start(30-35ft), green and fresh water shimmering and 10 ft later after tidal change.

Hi all you Bridge Trolls.

My wife and i will be staying at the Meriotte Resort on Singer Island Wednesday through Sunday. I was hoping to dive Blue Heron Bridge while there. I thought I had something set up but just found out today that he can't make it.

Is there anyone who will be diving Thursday who wouldn't mind a tag along?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi all you Bridge Trolls.

My wife and i will be staying at the Meriotte Resort on Singer Island Wednesday through Sunday. I was hoping to dive Blue Heron Bridge while there. I thought I had something set up but just found out today that he can't make it.

Is there anyone who will be diving Thursday who wouldn't mind a tag along?

My wife Sandra is either diving the Bridge Thursday, or the reefs of Boynton....she IS at the BHB right now, and has been since an hour before high tide..... I will let you know later tonight....
Also, I would love to hear about how you like the Marriott....Personally, I think it is a fantastic Resort....

My wife Sandra is either diving the Bridge Thursday, or the reefs of Boynton....she IS at the BHB right now, and has been since an hour before high tide..... I will let you know later tonight....
Also, I would love to hear about how you like the Marriott....Personally, I think it is a fantastic Resort....

And if you are interested in joining me, you are welcome to try out my Cetatek fins:)

And if you are interested in joining me, you are welcome to try out my Cetatek fins:)

Whoaaa !!! I forgot all about those :) !!!
And I would love to see what they are like!!!!
Sandra is still underwater..she is big on these 4 to 5 hour long dives at BHB....When she gets back in the car, she will call me, and then I will make the plans for Thursday and post here again..... You might want to email me at dan@sfdj.com which I can get on my cell phone...

---------- Post added July 30th, 2013 at 05:57 PM ----------

Looks like Sandra and I will Join you at the BHB :)

Whoaaa !!! I forgot all about those :) !!!
And I would love to see what they are like!!!!
Sandra is still underwater..she is big on these 4 to 5 hour long dives at BHB....When she gets back in the car, she will call me, and then I will make the plans for Thursday and post here again..... You might want to email me at dan@sfdj.com which I can get on my cell phone...

---------- Post added July 30th, 2013 at 05:57 PM ----------

Looks like Sandra and I will Join you at the BHB :)

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you both. I will email you later so you will have my contact information.

Vis was good today. 84* too. I wonder if anyone else heard the guys on the eastern boat docks hollering about it being private property and no one can dive under it? This might become an issue soon, they were pretty pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom