Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Trolls,
Two questions:
How do you enter BHB from the west side?
Has anybody had "any problems" with the locals?

see Wade's pages regarding entry points.................. Blue Heron Bridge

like any park or beach around south Florida, if people see you stash a purse or wallet in your car as you prepare to leave your car for a while, you stand a better than average chance that your car will get broken into. More than a fair number of friends have had their cars broken into at beaches and parks in Juno and Jupiter and had purses/wallets stolen: and these are locations where no one would ever worry about the locals; having a car broken into at BHB happens occasionally too. Aside from being smart and stashing your valuables out of sight before you arrive, you're not going to have any issues. Also, respect the locals fishing, don't stupidly get your flag line caught in someone's fishing lines, or if you do, be cool about it, surface, apologize and help untangle the line.

Some nice diving on thursday. Water temps are definitely up with an average of about 78 degrees.
Viz in the 25 foot range and nice blue water. An average crowd for a weekday, a good day at the bridge !

Join Pura Vida Divers for a Blue Heron Bridge Earth Day Twilight Dive on Monday, April 22nd at 5:45pm. This is a FREE event!

Itinerary for the evening:

Check in will begin at 4:30pm at Pura Vida Dive Shop. All divers must complete a liability release and receive a parking pass before heading over to Phil Foster Park. A special pass is required to be allowed to remain in the park after dark.

High tide is at 6:41pm
. Our staff will be starting their dive at 5:45pm. You may join them or start your dive when you feel the most comfortable. However, everyone must be out of the park by 10:00pm or you WILL GET A TICKET!

You may join the group dive, dive on your own with a buddy, or request a private guide. Each dive group must have a legal dive flag and every diver must have a primary, back up, and tank light. Please register with Pura Vida Divers in advanced to guarantee your reservation.

For reservations call or email.
info.pvd@puravidadivers.com
2513 BEACH COURT
SINGER ISLAND, FL. 33404

Hope to see you all there!

Viz down just a bit and water temp up just a bit on friday. Showed 79 degrees on the east side and viz about 20 ft.
Slightly less viz than thursday but still very diveable. A pretty good crowd for a friday, not quite the saturday crowd
but not to far off. The hooded vest will be put away for the season very soon.

Someone mentioned there might be a Force-E night dive wednesday this week ?
The high tide is after sunset so not sure if they do the later high tides after sunset.
I know there is also the getting out of the park by 10:00 thing as well so not sure
how close that would be for wednesday ?

We are flying in June 17-21 from Tennessee and are planning to dive the bridge Monday (17th) and Tuesday (18th) for sure. High tides are 3:40 and 4:40ish. Seeing the posts above, about how late can high tide be so that we can exit the park by closing time? I see that Pure Vida is sponsoring a twilight dive with high tide at 6:41. In order to dive the bridge the last 2 days, would there have to be a sponsored dive? We are contemplating driving to Key Largo for the last 2 days but aren't sure.
Also, is there any way to know what the conditions at LBTS will be like to preplan possibly staying in that area a night?

We appreciate any advice!

Awesome dive today! Thanks Jet for being my buddy. I really needed a zen dive, and Karma delivered. Jet found the first seahorse within 2 minutes of dropping beneath the surface, and shortly after I found 2 jawfish. Cornucopia of critters found, two to still be identified, a slug and a small yellow fish, am thinking its a juvi game fish of some sorts.. Vis was good, but dropped pretty dramatically after the tide change, and was delightfully warmer. Wore my 3mm shorty. Good bye 7 mm till later in the year. Woot!

Whenever Jenn & I dive together we have incredible synergy ... Thanks for getting me up there on a Sunday afternoon. Definitely worth the "third row" parking!

I got home too late last evening to do anything w/ the pics. I'll post a few tonight, hopefully. Viz was 25+ feet, water very blue and temp 79!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom