Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mandatory sand areas? we are gonna show a log book to dive somewhere in a public area? who is going to enforce thse new

mandatory sand areas? we are gonna show a log book to dive somewhere in a public area? who is going to enforce thse new
Hey, knock yourself out with as many objections as possible...this will actually help us in creating the best protections possible.
Remember, this is a Park. Parks are characteristically involved in rules and enforcement. You have heard of Park Rangers I assume? And you have also heard of Citizens on Patrol? I see a marriage coming, and you are in the wedding party :)

Having voluntary compliance by shops and instructors would be a start.

From yesterday's dawn dive:

Light & color-vacuum black
6-161.jpg

same fish side view
6-162.jpg

cooperative octopus
6-164.jpg

I have not been out to the bridge in months and finally got a chance to enjoy a couple of dives on Thursday and Friday. My stobe is not working so I had to use a diffuser on the built-in flash (on my Sea Life camera), so no shots came out very well.

I am pretty sure that this is some sort of pipefish, but can someone confirm. Thanks

pipefish_bhb_june_15_2012.JPG

pipefish_II_bhb_june_15_2012.JPG

Yep, that's a pipefish.

Another early morning dive. Vis was a depressing 10ft, if that. What happened to the 40ft vis from yesterday? Sheesh! LOL
My tiger goby is getting big. He moved to a new home, a bit bigger and shares a home with an array of critters. Here is yesterday's pic. Tiger is about an inch long now, having tripled in size since the first time it was spotted.
534283_10150881026873531_497070777_n.jpg

This is something that is being addressed now by the Palm Beach Dive Association, and by the Parks Department and ERM. Personally, I am expecting mandatory sand areas for the initial dives, until skills have been taught. Except for very small ( one or 2) Resort courses where the Instructor can virtually guarantee that no student will be frequently impacting and trashing the bottom of sensitive habitat, I don't think large classes can be permitted to run wild as they have been. The videos we already have of this, paint a very clear case for what can not continue.

Sorry, but WTHeck", SANDY AREAS..... Dan, either people can roll over all over destroying alll vis or they must adhere to a "zone" let me know the boundaries so I can enjoy the "frail free zone" by the way I would appreciate if this could include marine mammals, boats, snorkelers and rookies,,,,,,
Wishing I cold find, dive, and live up to this zone....
LOL!
JOHN

---------- Post added ----------

PS
KEV- FIND ME FROGGIES LOW TIDE OR NOT, LOL........
Case

So again a park would have areas that you have to be a member of the club to dive?

Sorry, but WTHeck", SANDY AREAS..... Dan, either people can roll over all over destroying alll vis or they must adhere to a "zone" let me know the boundaries so I can enjoy the "frail free zone" by the way I would appreciate if this could include marine mammals, boats, snorkelers and rookies,,,,,,
Wishing I cold find, dive, and live up to this zone....
LOL!
JOHN

PS
KEV- FIND ME FROGGIES LOW TIDE OR NOT, LOL........
Case

So far we are discussing the sandy area on the west side, north of the fishing bridge..depth about 12 feet deep...To this steps would be added, to aid in diver entrance and exit, near the bait cleaning station, and we would be going for a real gear rinsing station and shower for divers.

Also in consideration, as an additional site, would be at the far east side, in the deeper water closer to 18 feet deep.
If you have any suggestions, please post them.

So again a park would have areas that you have to be a member of the club to dive?

No membership required :)
It is a park already....but so far they have not put in much of a plan for our user group. Everyone knows this will have to change, as the park is getting more and more used, and some are beginning to abuse the resource.

The more regulars with opinions on this that they would care to share, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom