Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimstrollscubaboard.jpg
Yes and it should look like this.
View attachment 99032

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...or this.

Nice to be home, diving in my own "backyard"

Had a great 2 hr dive with the Video Dude and NoNameNettsie this morning. Also fun to run into jimw & divediva in the parking lot apres dive. Viz was a little iffy and the sun in & out made picture taking a challenge. Too bright with the strobe, too dark without. But we still had a great "zen" dive.

Here's a bit of what we saw.
batfishcloseup.jpg seahorse1.jpg seahorse2.jpg seahorse3.jpg

Seahorse photos 1 & 2 are the same animal ... I think he's pregnant (I know I always say that but have I been wrong yet?) And it looks like photo 3 is a female.

Also .... in case anyone is interested ... I just spent 10 days in Puerto Lopez, Ecuador. It's on the coast about 4 hrs north of Guayaquil. Tall Guy & I went down to watch the humpback whale migration. Here is a little slideshow I made from our photos ... if you're interested.

[video=youtube;xUIRpzrUfVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIRpzrUfVI[/video]

Did my 1st BHB dive. The site is pretty good considering being under an urban SE Florida bridge. Noted down some fish & invert species I've never seen before. Some red-stripey short nosed pipefish that pretended to be dead was my main highlight. Found a coal black frogfish sitting on the side of a sand pit... saucy. Too many effing fireworms all over the dang place, you folks weren't kidding about them.

Some weenie kept blowing his annoying scuba quacker around noonish. Those things should be banned.

The shower over by the west span entry point didn't work (lame), but some crusty-looking hardcore dude pointed out the fish cleaning station hose. I think I'll park over there in the future.

Also .... in case anyone is interested ... I just spent 10 days in Puerto Lopez, Ecuador. It's on the coast about 4 hrs north of Guayaquil. Tall Guy & I went down to watch the humpback whale migration. Here is a little slideshow I made from our photos ... if you're interested.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[video=youtube;xUIRpzrUfVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIRpzrUfVI[/video]

Interested? How about Fascinated, Captivated!! Very nicely done! Digital is soooo nice--I remember hanging onto a tag line for some time on a trip with humpbacks in the caribbean before digital--long enough on the line that I got bored and shot some really interesting algae on the line--thinking I could stop after a frame or two; THEN, being nearly out of film when the mother and calf showed up.:dork2:

Did my 1st BHB dive. The site is pretty good considering being under an urban SE Florida bridge. Noted down some fish & invert species I've never seen before. Some red-stripey short nosed pipefish that pretended to be dead was my main highlight. Found a coal black frogfish sitting on the side of a sand pit... saucy. Too many effing fireworms all over the dang place, you folks weren't kidding about them.

Some weenie kept blowing his annoying scuba quacker around noonish. Those things should be banned.

The shower over by the west span entry point didn't work (lame), but some crusty-looking hardcore dude pointed out the fish cleaning station hose. I think I'll park over there in the future.
Never thought of myself as a crusty-looking hardcore dude...but glad you got rinsed off.

Glad you enjoyed your dive at BHB. It is definately different. You can see anything and everything under the bridge. Divers and critters alike! :D As for the water situation.....the showers are often not working. And when they are working there is usually a line to rinse off. jimw and I bring our own rinse water. We use 2 gallon milk jugs filled with water and sit them on top of the car. They are really warm when we get out and use them for a shower. The diver with the quacker, yes I heard him quacking down at the wall, it was quite annoying. I'm thinking of getting one of those big air horn things and blow it the entire time I'm diving....NOT :D

The shower over by the west span entry point didn't work (lame), but some crusty-looking hardcore dude pointed out the fish cleaning station hose. I think I'll park over there in the future.[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha..... just saw the post where Scubajim 1 owned up to being the crusty-looking hardcore dude. Well, I have known Scubajim 1 for a few years now and I can tell you he is really a teriffic guy.

Crusty-looking......maybe a bit. Hardcore dude......... most definately. But, still a nice guy and a good diver. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom