Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The black one was definitely a juvi.. only 3" maybe max to end of tail.

Got some interesting photos today of some pretty cool critters. This video I shot only because I see these humps so often, but wonder what makes them. Any ideas? If we were closer to to central Florida, I would guess it's the springs...

baby flounder. Seeking ID
577191_10150685853088531_564528530_9259419_1403491688_n.jpg

Jenny,
Looks to be a: Gymnachirus melas (North American naked sole) The adults have distinctive lines on the body. Harder to see on the dark juveniles
Deb

Despite the somewhat blustery topside conditions the diving was pretty decent this morning.
Viz was in the 20 ft range . Current started moving out fairly strong then seemed to taper off
again to allow a bit more bottom time. The viz did not drop off near as much as I have seen
at the end of slack tide so I took advantage of this with some extra dive time. My temp has
been fairly accurate and I showed 74F. I believe mine will record lowest temp of dive and store this
temp in the log. Not sure if it monitors it real time throughout the dive. It did feel like 74F. I
switched back to the 1.5 mm hooded vest and was fine for an 80 minute dive. The beanie will
have to wait again till we see 76F or more. The usual stuff out and about and I spotted a jawfish in
a new location and don't even try to guess ! The dive was well worth putting up with a bit of
wind topside. The conditions were much better than I expected.

Thanks!!!

Despite the somewhat blustery topside conditions the diving was pretty decent this morning.
We were there too. 1st time I've ever seen half the parking spaces right next to the water, open for a Saturday morning. No one was there. Not fun getting sand blasted while suiting up with the 30mph winds whipping the beach at us. Shout-out and Thumps to Pura Vida Dive shop who had over a dozen volunteers removing trash on the beach.

Just 2 shots to share. Red lipped batfish at the shopping carts.

IMG_0947.jpg

Starfish laying on top of 2 dead lobsters eating them. Antenna in the front and 2nd antenna set with tail in the rear.

IMG_1019.jpg

While cleaning up to leave, we saw every dive boat heading back in after aborting the 1st dives cause viz in the ocean was worse than the bridge.

It was chilly this morning - somewhere low 70's. I was really cold within an hour and only managed 70 minutes before I got flag silly and tried to strangle myself, wearing a full 5mm w/ 3mm vest and beanie. Viz was so-so; around 20 ft or less. And LOTS of people for a random Monday in April!

Saw a nice little pipefish, decorator crab and more of the usual. Did not see a single octopus, which I thought was strange.

Here is one photo from a few weeks ago. She was literally out in the middle of nowhere, swimming along at full speed. I love that I caught her shadow in the sand!

BHB redseahorse.jpg

Low 70's, yea Gods! That is back to my 7 ml wetsuit weather.
Just when I think it safe to put away the Michelin man suit.
Hard to get good video when your shaking like a leaf not to mention chattering teeth scares the critters.....
:D

Give me a freakin break. I feel like the Japanese deck crew chiefs at the battle of Midway. 30 pound wing or 18 pound wing. Torpedos or bombs. Steel plate or aluminum plate.

I've posted this before but it bears repeating...I am privileged to dive with some of the very best Florida divers and today was no exception. Thanks Jenn, Kathy and Renee for a great dive. The water was 73.8 with a viz of about 25 feet. We got too chilly to continue after 94 minutes but it was none-the-less fine. Very odd to see so many divers at the site on a Monday, Spring must be in the air. I'm going back to drysuit diving until the water warms up.

Here is an image from a few weeks ago...
Blue Heron Bridge Mating Seahorses Young Love.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom