Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer, like me, reads cold. :wink: It read 73, but I seriously doubt it that cold. But, I did get cold. My suit may not fit as well as it should and that may be part of the problem. My guess is that it was closer to 76-77°. cold but not freezing..

So Dan.....you complain about classes at the bridge and want to restrict them, but you are really interested in bombarding the area with complete non-divers on your Tooka system?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/he...independent-instructors-about-15-20-them.html
Tooka use keeps divers off the bottom....one instructor to 2 guests, and the instructor can hold the hoses and guide or tow at any time....even without the instructor, non-divers on a Tooka do NOT bump into the bottom...that is a common problem caused by poor instruction, overweighting, and very poor skill in using a BC to find neutral buoyancy.....

I want to restrict bad instructors from causing damage by having their students standing and bouncing up and down on top of a densely concentrated live bottom. The restriction I would ask for, would be to have them use the East side, by the docks, where it is close to 20 feet deep, and the bottom is sandy with few shells...almost beach like....relatively speaking, this is an area with very little life...relative to the West area where instructors put students directly on top of areas with 50 nudibranchs under their fins, along with hundreds of other photo subjects people travel all over the world to see. I have spoken to several students that had been in some of these terrible classes ( which I have much more footage of).
They typically insist that their instructor had never told them about all the life under their fins...they thought the bottom was dead.

Again...tooka divers will NOT touch the bottom, and will not silt. Tooka divers will marvel at the underwater life, not trample it with a certification skill as an excuse, or trample it because they dont know any better....Tooka divers will be there for the beauty and the nature.... Poorly trained divers, and bad dive classes, will cause damage....Good classes and good divers will not cause damage. I have seen some of Jeff's classes ( Force E) where the students had perfect bouyancy from the get go--or at least they were not bouncing or hitting the bottom--they were careful....Pura Vida instructors and classes are like this also..and I have seen great JDC classes as well..but for every good class we see at BHB, there will be 10 terrible instructors ( from who knows what shop) doing this : instructing-or-not - YouTube ( start this at 50 seconds in) ...You will never, ever see anything remotely similar in a Tooka tour.

Also, many of these Tooka instructors we would be hiring, would be headed to the Caribbean....for Tooka in Resorts there. But even if I had 10 tookas in the water at once, that is only 20 divers, each with an instructor whose job is to keep them safe and happy, and to maintain them in the water column, in the ideal place ( and never allowing silting behavior or that proximity to the bottom.....but without heavy weight belt, this really does not happen naturally).

Last edited:
Today's dive:) Thanks J's for an awesome dive.. guess it's good I didn't get any lionfish, cause we didn't seee any!!!

A little octopus
577961_10150673186273531_564528530_9243391_890613714_n.jpg

Love the colors on this little guy
551961_10150673187663531_564528530_9243399_1444840012_n.jpg

No. Same camera. Learned not all settings on the camera are the same. :)

And fresh batteries. :wink:

Jim Sitton, a cameraman and editor for wpbtv posted some pics on Facebook from the bridge. A comment led me to believe some of the stuff would air. On his wall I asked that he make certain collectors could not identify the Seahorses locations. I also suggested if they are doing piece that Dan Volker be contacted.

He did give kudos to Skip at Force-e so presumably Jim knows what's going on. Also, he is after all, a Jupiter diver. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom