Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Looking forward to this weekend! Especially after reading through a couple of pages here... I am will be a first timer at the bridge on sunday, and my first real ow dive...PUPMED! Looks amazing, tons of time in shallow water to take it all in...will be a great warm up too for our plans to join jdc for a boat trip on Monday.

Looking forward to this weekend! Especially after reading through a couple of pages here... I am will be a first timer at the bridge on sunday, and my first real ow dive...PUPMED! Looks amazing, tons of time in shallow water to take it all in...will be a great warm up too for our plans to join jdc for a boat trip on Monday.
Congratulations! You will love this site.

Hi tide Sunday is 5:05 PM, you should plan to be in the water early to get your weighting spot on. I usually start my dive about 30-60 minutes before slack hi tide. Bouyancy is the key to seeing a lot of great stuff. Make sure all your gear is secured with nothing hanging. Pick one side of the bridge to explore and do it very slowly. You'll be excited and want to move quickly, DON'T, you'll see more by a slow approach. You might want to ask a fellow diver where the mirror wreck and shopping carts are as there are plenty of fish and critters there.
This will be a long dive so make sure your exposure protection is adequate, water was around 77 on Thursday.
Parking at the bridge on weekends is a beast! Allow yourself plenty of time to find a space. You will be competing with family picnicers, swimmers and divers for the available spots. If I were diving Sunday I'd plan to arrive around 2:45 (2:45-3:10 find parking,3:10-3:30 gear up, 3:30-4:00 bouyancy check, 4:00 begin dive).
Remember Phil Foster Park closes at dark and the Park Police will ticket your car after dark.
Two final notes, you must have a dive flag and stay out of the boat channel.
Oh yes be sure and report back to us about your impressions.
Happy Bubbles.

Looks who's out of hibernation! Sure sign spring is around the corner. Welcome back Jim & Diva!

Thanks! Glad to be back..... in our defense we did do back to back trips and a couple of trips to the Keys. Okay, so it wasn't that cold then. What can I say we are weenee divers. Joining our little group besides jimw & diva was The Siren, Kaptain John, Windy City Helen and missing was TC Diver Mike. (He has yet to try out his new 10 mill suit) Hopefully he will join us next week. It will be good to see all of you again. The Siren did zipper duty on a certain photographer who will remain nameless to protect the guilty....but I believe he was to the right of us when getting in the water..

Went Sat and was very windy with a lot of chop but vis was pretty good.
Saw lots of octos and a few new critters. Big surprise was I read the temps were warming up so I switched back to my 5 ml and froze my ass off. Had 73 on both computers. Going back today better insulated for sure. Will posts pictures later for both days.
John

Got to go back yesterday for the first time in weeks.

Saw what looked like a lot of divers getting ready to enter, but didn't feel crowded in the water. We did our first dive up under the east span since it opened...my first atlantic black sea hare seemed to follow us around...beautiful, but every pic was backscattered. Temp was 75 at entry and 73 under the span.

Exited on the beach through the local crowd and walked back to the car amid the blended aromas of bbq and ganja - not a bad combination!

A lovely day.

Big surprise was I read the temps were warming up so I switched back to my 5 ml and froze my ass off. Had 73 on both computers. John

Sad news Bimini, we HAD our hopes!! Now dashed! damn/darn/drat....I take my old photo chemistry thermometer on a string and test the temp ahead of the dive sometimes............

I think the west wind blew off all the warm top water then the east wind brought in the colder upwelling lol...we never get a break.

I just follow behind the Bouyancy Babes and get occasional areas of warm water. I look at the temp on my computer dive profile and see it rise for 30 seconds or so every so often...wonder what could cause that.

Scubajim 1 really doesn't like diving with the babes.. really. I think we need to leave him the next time.

I think the west wind blew off all the warm top water then the east wind brought in the colder upwelling lol...we never get a break.

I just follow behind the Bouyancy Babes and get occasional areas of warm water. I look at the temp on my computer dive profile and see it rise for 30 seconds or so every so often...wonder what could cause that.
From my last dive that might roughly correspond to how often I hate to pee from hypothermia.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom