Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is late April or early May a good time to visit BHB? I've heard the Keys are blown out in April.

Jim is right - tons of octopi in April-May. Not unusual to see a dozen or more on any given dive. I scrolled through all my photos from the past year and it seems I have a lot of really nice ones (for me) from April-May-June.

Awhh yeah.. Last year it was octopi heaven. Lots and lots of babies. Some more shy than others.. and then some grow up to be Stumpy. :wink:

Tide Tables

Can't come up with the 2012 version of this page. Help!

Kevin

I'm using this:
Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth)

Hover your cursor over any date and the tides pop up. Also nice because it shows full moons. Not 100% but a good chance that if there's an 8pm(ish) high tide and full moon Force E will be sponsoring a night dive. Still best to check their Event page on FB.

I'm using this:
Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth)

Hover your cursor over any date and the tides pop up. Also nice because it shows full moons. Not 100% but a good chance that if there's an 8pm(ish) high tide and full moon Force E will be sponsoring a night dive. Still best to check their Event page on FB.
Like that tide table Jet...I may even forgive you not doing the night dive.
May being the operative word here.

Appreciate it Jim and Jenny.
Weird how much yellow is in the face, maybe they lose it as they get bigger.
Wanted to try this Sunday but doesn't seem ideal for timing.
Hopefully will come up Friday the 13th and try for a few till Sunday afternoon.

Appreciate it Jim and Jenny.
Weird how much yellow is in the face, maybe they lose it as they get bigger.
Wanted to try this Sunday but doesn't seem ideal for timing.
Hopefully will come up Friday the 13th and try for a few till Sunday afternoon.

If you have the Humann/Deloach book, Reef Fish ID; it speaks about the "pale undercolor" ranging from white to yellow.

Tide Tables

Can't come up with the 2012 version of this page. Help!

Kevin

I like this one. www.saltwatertides.com navigate(Hah) to Florida Atlantic/Loxahatchee to Lake Worth/Port of Palm Beach---scroll down and enter the dates, etc.

But I really like the free one put out by Sea Tow and usually available at Force E Dive Shop on Blue Heron Blvd. It's a yellow paper thingy! The one I now have runs thru April, so a new one will be out soonish. I expect it's available at marine places in the area--hey, I once picked up a tide table at the Dermatologist's office!!

I like this one. www.saltwatertides.com navigate(Hah) to Florida Atlantic/Loxahatchee to Lake Worth/Port of Palm Beach---scroll down and enter the dates, etc.

But I really like the free one put out by Sea Tow and usually available at Force E Dive Shop on Blue Heron Blvd. It's a yellow paper thingy! The one I now have runs thru April, so a new one will be out soonish. I expect it's available at marine places in the area--hey, I once picked up a tide table at the Dermatologist's office!!

Thanks, but this one from Jet looks to be a whole lot less trouble, seems pretty handy, and even has mammose graphics. Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth) I think I'm gonna like it much better than what I used last year.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom