Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun diving with you! Glad we got to meet up. The flag pirates.. yeah.. that's a good term! Holy cripes!!! I was verbose with my hand signals, but you and @Wayward Son didn't see the guy on the dock trying to steal it! Then later on a fisherman on the docks got my flag! What the heck!!!! My ear was not happy all those changes in depth.
On a good note, glad you took us over to the toilet bowl, was a cool place I'd like to explore more (and tie off my flag a good distance away). The Binza (nudibranch) was a fun find as were the other two nudis I found but camera battery died. Ugh..
Storms to start and end made the dive even more memorable..
Wait, what? Two different people were trying to steal your flag from the surface while you guys were under? That's crazy!

Yep! 2 different times. Though I think the second time it may have been caught by accident, not sure.. but, yeah.. twice within about 20 minutes... two different locations but both on the east side docks north of the bridge

i went and dove the bridge today since i'm so close by.
not much light due to the later high tide and a lot of cloud cover. viz was maybe 15 feet (or worse in places) and very cloudy with what looked like sand mainly. also i noted there seemed to be a fresh layer of sand covering the west-most section under the east bridge. maybe that's not new, i think i remember it being more rocky though. looked fresh, someone correct me on that if i'm confused.

I got 84 degrees for the temp, vs 86 a few days ago.

went and poked around the north side of the east span; large schools of fish running around everywhere, crabs on the march, etc. very lively, could be time of day and low viz related.

kept it short, just wanted to make sure that combining together the pieces from my doubles regulators has yielded a functioning singles reg to use tomorrow (going for the 3 tanker with JDC)

Wait, what? Two different people were trying to steal your flag from the surface while you guys were under? That's crazy!
I've never had it happen more than once on a single dive, but it has happened to me twice. Both times it was a guy on a jet ski that thought he found something floating free & was surprised to find me at the end of it.

Can anyone report on the jellies? Was hoping to bring the kids out to do the snorkel trail next weekend but seems from reports on here that the jellies have been thick at times over the past few weeks...hoping they've cleared out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom