Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I reported that high tide was 0834 yesterday, it was 0804. Today it was 0844. Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0730. Sea temp 84f, and visibility 30ft. No jellyfish today. The park was uncrowded, about the same as yesterday.

Entered on the westside at 0800. Meandered west through the bridge pilings, to the last piling (the wall) next to the channel. Tied off my flag on that convenient loop of whatever the hell it is that has been there for at least ten years. Did a REEF fish survey with a species count of 63. Searched around the piling and in the gravel for nothing in particular, i.e. was not necessarily targeting any family or species of animal. Came across a Lucayan polymorpherus and a beautiful flatworm species unknown to me at present. Also came across a single Chalk Bass. Somewhat common just off in the sand not far from reefs in deeper water, less common at the bridge. Snorkeled the trail after diving. Observed a small Green Sea Turtle eating sea grass.
Respectively, Chalk Bass, Little Greenie, Flatworm, Lucayan plocamorperus, and Cottonwick Grunt.

EDIT: Species of Flatworm now known to me Prostheceraeus crozieri Tiger Flatworm

10-02-24  Chalk Bass.jpg
10-02-24  Little Greenie.jpg
10-02-24 Flatworm.jpg
10-02-24 Lucayan Plocamorpheus.jpg
10-02-24  Cottonwick Grunt.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom