Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This past weekend I volunteered with the Swim for Alligator Lighthouse as a kayak support for a solo swimmer. There was a patch about a half mile wide loaded with jellies. So heading out to the lighthouse and back swimmers had to get through the jellies. The two years prior they were all over. It was easy to tell when the swimmer got hit...

Spotted Sep 19th during one of the king tides. Was interesting to me, cause I hadn’t seen this before. A little Wikipedia told me that the large tide triggers spawning.

Attachments

• SportDiver_20240919_095532.jpeg
    SportDiver_20240919_095532.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 35
Spotted Sep 19th during one of the king tides. Was interesting to me, cause I hadn’t seen this before. A little Wikipedia told me that the large tide triggers spawning.
I've seen that a few times at BHB. Always a cool sighting!

dove the bridge yesterday with Jenny and the gentleman who goes by Wayward Son here. Thanks to both of them for adopting a stray. I'm sure everyone already knows Jenny is amazing at finding tiny things, and Wayward Son is such a nice considerate diver. I know 3 is a crowd so appreciate the invite.

my computer says 2h 19m, which is well past my usual attention span. we saw a good mix of big and small, Jenny managed to fight off flag pirates, and I dragged the group to one of my favorite spots the long way but we did eventually make it.

we saw the little grouper that has been hanging around the toilet spot lately, here's a pic.

gg.jpg

Fun diving with you! Glad we got to meet up. The flag pirates.. yeah.. that's a good term! Holy cripes!!! I was verbose with my hand signals, but you and @Wayward Son didn't see the guy on the dock trying to steal it! Then later on a fisherman on the docks got my flag! What the heck!!!! My ear was not happy all those changes in depth.
On a good note, glad you took us over to the toilet bowl, was a cool place I'd like to explore more (and tie off my flag a good distance away). The Binza (nudibranch) was a fun find as were the other two nudis I found but camera battery died. Ugh..
Storms to start and end made the dive even more memorable..

It was a fun dive & I enjoyed meeting & diving with bassplayer

I got 136 minutes on this one.

The flag pirates.. yeah.. that's a good term! Holy cripes!!! I was verbose with my hand signals, but you and @Wayward Son didn't see the guy on the dock trying to steal it! Then later on a fisherman on the docks got my flag! What the heck!!!! My ear was not happy all those changes in depth.
might need to develop a standard signal and anti pirate protocol if this keeps up. i'm picturing a decoy flag with a gps tracker in it as a starting point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom