Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indeed, and @Scuba_Jenny can also find chicken head with $1-bill wrapped in brown bag paper under water :rofl3:
Found a blue shark today ...

1720659387635.png

Seriously though ... amazing vis .... literally as far as you could see !!!

1720659445907.png
1720659465881.png
1720659484302.png

Started getting a bit cloudy/yellow as the tide turned, but this guy showed up and put on a little show for us

Hello all...
Looking to come down to BHB for the first time to do the snorkel trail with the family in a couple weeks. Was wondering if a dive flag is required (or recommended, if not required) when snorkeling the trail. This PB county flyer makes it seem required, but would be grateful for input from the pros here.

Yes, a flag is required. Everyone has them. Local dive shops will rent them out to you if you don't want to buy one. The rental fees are a large percentage of the purchase price.

If you stay within the swimming area on snorkel, you do not need a flag. If going outside the area, yes, a flag is required. That being said, the lifeguards can be lax on enforcement on the snorkel trail. Better to have one than not and get whistled at/called out of the an area when you just saw a cool fish..

Very helpful...thank you!

On a different note, my 6-year-old probably won't be able to get deeper than about 3'-4'. Will there be much for her to see, or is most of the interesting stuff too deep to appreciate from the surface? (I believe high tide will be around 11 AM, so assuming good visibility and few clouds, sun should be fairly overhead)

If you stay within the swimming area on snorkel, you do not need a flag. If going outside the area, yes, a flag is required. That being said, the lifeguards can be lax on enforcement on the snorkel trail. Better to have one than not and get whistled at/called out of the an area when you just saw a cool fish..
What I read in the past disagrees with this a bit.
"All persons diving in Florida waters must display a divers-down flag. Diving means swimming at or below the surface of the water while equipped with a mask and snorkel, or any other underwater breathing apparatus."

But now I have read the actual law itself, & it seems that you are correct. Thank You for filling the hole in my knowledge base.
"(2) All divers must prominently display a divers-down flag in the area in which the diving occurs, other than when diving in an area customarily used for swimming only."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom