Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Jaan, good to see you as well. First fish is a Pygmy Sea Bass, and the pipefish is a Chain Pipefish.

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0825 for a 1059 high tide. Though the park was not crowded it was more so than the last five days, confirming the pattern that the later the high tide gets the more people show up. Photographers with gigantic macro rigs worth $10k-$15k and abysmal buoyancy skills to match were as abundant as Sergeant Majors today. Snorkeled the trail before diving, did a REEF fish count 59 fish in 55 minutes. Entered the westside at 1015 visibility was 35ft, and sea temp was 76f. Did a REEF fish count of 62 species in 65 minutes. Observed a total of 7 seahorses, 2 were new observations. Also observed a Spotfin Flounder, 3 Flying Gurnards and a Leopard Sea Robin. Continued the observational study of license plates, adding Virginia and Oregon. Respectively, Pair of Flying Gurnards, Pipefish, Seahorse 1, Seahorse2, Seahorse2a, Spadefish, Yellowfin Mojarra, and States Map.

01-11-23 Pair of Flying Gurnard.jpeg
01-11-23 Pipefish.jpg

01-11-23 Seahorse1.jpeg

01-11-23 Seahorse2.jpeg
01-11-23 Seahorse2a.jpeg
01-11-23 Spadefish.jpeg
01-11-23 Yellowfin Mojarras.jpeg

01-11-23 States Map.jpg

Photographers with gigantic macro rigs worth $10k-$15k and abysmal buoyancy skills to match were as abundant as Sergeant Majors today.
This is hilarious ..,, We're going to go look for those Flying Gurnards again today, so beautiful.

This is hilarious ..,, We're going to go look for those Flying Gurnards again today, so beautiful.
Much truth though...

Looks like SAFMC(the federal guys) are teaming up with the REEF fish counts. The new program is called
SMILE = Size Matters, Innovative Length Management.

The SMILE project will incorporate diver-collected fish length data, through the use of stereo video technology, as a companion to the REEF Volunteer Fish Survey Project. By leveraging trained REEF citizen scientist divers, this collaboration will provide valuable fish length data for fisheries stock assessments and ecosystem-based management

They have grant money & cameras for the project if you contact Alli at Reef.

Who's braving the cold and diving this weekend?

But there’s also a windchill advisory with a low of 43 and a high of 58!! That’ll certainly keep a lot of people away. But I’ll be there!
It's only going down to 29 degrees at my house in PA tonight.

If I were down, I would be at the BHB tomorrow too, water would be fine. Don't get frostbite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom