Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done.. photo shows 3!!

Attachments

• 1280 invasive.jpg
    1280 invasive.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 56
Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0955 for a 1155 high tide. Given that 12 of the prime parking spaces facing the south were roped off for maintenance of playground by the county parking was still ok. Entered the water on the west side at 1045. Visibility was much improved over yesterday, not as hazy at about 50-60ft. Water temp remains at 77f. Did a REEF fish survey 67 species, in 60 minutes. Respectively Gray Angelfish, Orangeback Bass (yes a repeat from yesterday, but a better image), female Bluethroat Pikeblenny, Regal Demoiselle, and Shortfin Pipefish.

03-22-22 Gray Angelfish.jpeg
03-22-22 Orangeback Bass.jpeg
03-22-22 Pikeblenny.jpeg
03-22-22 Regal Demoiselle.jpeg
03-22-22 Shortfin Pipefish.jpeg

I was there today too. Nice viz. We cleaned up on the lobsters. Lots of shorts, but they tasted good anyway. Totally kidding, I'd never take anything from the bridge, even if it were permitted!!! We did see a nice little group of lobsters under the bridge. Best part of the day though was a batfish, fishing for a snack!

LOL.. I started to get fired up on the lobster taking.. glad you were kidding! LOL.. I think 90% of them are shorts..
And ewwwhh... that water is pretty mucky, I'm not sure I'd want to eat something coming from that habitat..

@Scuba_Jenny, yeah I joked with my buddy about this idea. I told her not to worry though, if we actually did it, I'm pretty sure there would be about 10 other divers there who would beat us up and put the lobster back! :rofl3:

@Scuba_Jenny, yeah I joked with my buddy about this idea. I told her not to worry though, if we actually did it, I'm pretty sure there would be about 10 other divers there who would beat us up and put the lobster back! :rofl3:

While I would never condone violence, I would sure hope anyone pulling this would be confronted and the authorities would be called.

Of course I sensed exactly where you were going on the post :wink:

LOL.. I started to get fired up on the lobster taking.. glad you were kidding! LOL.. I think 90% of them are shorts..
And ewwwhh... that water is pretty mucky, I'm not sure I'd want to eat something coming from that habitat..
I hope that you are not fond of oysters. Filter feeders thrive best in nutrient-rich (mucky) waters. The big oyster banks in the ICW are further upstream, in the really dark water.

While I would never condone violence, I would sure hope anyone pulling this would be confronted and the authorities would be called.

Of course I sensed exactly where you were going on the post :wink:
Unfortunately the taking of lobster at the bridge is not illegal if you are properly licensed. It is also legal to take Lionfish but you are not allowed to use a spear without a special permit!

@Divin'Papaw, I agree, I never condone violence. I was referencing "old-school justice" for humor, but you got that! :wink:

@Lostdiver71, I was under the impression that the park had been designated a no-take zone for everything. Even if I'm wrong about that, I'd certainly never harvest anything from this Palm Beach gem.

I didn't see it, but apparently there was a Goliath grouper at the bridge today. We did find a seahorse though, so I'll chalk that up as a great day!

I hope that you are not fond of oysters. Filter feeders thrive best in nutrient-rich (mucky) waters. The big oyster banks in the ICW are further upstream, in the really dark water.
I am not a fan of seafood...
Lionfish is tasty and l love hunting and eating them.. Lobster.. I catch some, let a few go.. not a big deal..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom