Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody going to the bridge today? I hear vis is good and would love to come dive.

I hear viz is decent. Was gonna go on Saturday, but with the ocean being flat, I will take ocean over BHB...

Well I couldn't make it yesterday so that was a bummer BUT I just booked the guided night dive with Pura Vida next Sunday. I normally wouldn't night dive a site I haven't dove before but it is guided so that doesn't bother me. I am so looking forward to it.

How are conditions expected to be tomorrow ?

How are conditions expected to be tomorrow ?

It's difficult to predict in-water conditions. If I were to reason a guess I'd say viz will drop off a bit because of the rain and wind. How much is anyone's guess. Water temp will stay near 80.

It's difficult to predict in-water conditions. If I were to reason a guess I'd say viz will drop off a bit because of the rain and wind. How much is anyone's guess. Water temp will stay near 80.
Conditions were decent, not the best, but decent. Viz maybe 20ft. Lots of sediment but that could have been from the dozens of divers in the water, or not. Water, once you got below 5 ft. was comfortable (computer read it as 76) in a 3 mil but shallow water was cold, topside was cooold.

What is the rule with fishing at the Park? Are people allowed to fish anywhere from land? Are there actual rules governing dropping fishing lines near a diver down flag? I ask because a guy fishing off the wall by the beach, was casting right where my buddy and I were diving, with a flag, and when we pointed out politely that there were a number of divers down there, he blew us off and said he can fish anywhere in the park. So that made me wonder about whether there are any rules regarding that. I know a boat can't approach a flag but what about shore fishermen?

People who fish at the bridge are as a group, pretty much total jerks who hate divers. This is a blanket statement, however that has been my experience over the years. I am pretty sure there are decent fishermen there, but I have yet to meet one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom