Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force-E does a conditions report almost every day on youtube. The ones that I have seen show the conditions have been good but the rain we are having this week may change that. High tide tomorrow is 10am so you will have to get there really early to get a good spot. You can also call Force-E or Pura Vida and they will probably be able to let you know what the conditions were today.

Paid a visit yesterday. Visibility before the turn was a pleasant 20'+, and degraded rapidly after the turn. Water temperature was a consistent 73° according to my Perdix.

Brrrr....
Any froggies? Dwarfs should be around..

Found a lone tiny one just south of the east span. Spent a good 20 minutes waiting for a Blue-Throated Pike Blenny to give a mating or challenging display with no luck. He outlasted me. Got a bit chilly after remaining motionless for so long and kept the dive much shorter than usual.

"Why do I have to get there so early??" you ask. Here's why:

This photo was from this past Sunday 2/28/21 at 6:53 am. High tide was 8:53 am. The entire section next to the beach was already full and the spots moving away from the beach were filling fast. By the time I got in the water the entire parking lot was 80% full. When I got out the parking lot was 100% full as it was a pretty Sunday and the beach goers were now arriving. I probably could have sold my spot for $20 if I'd tried.

BHB 28Feb2021 653 am 2 hrs before high tide.jpg

Weekdays (except for holidays) are typically far less busy. But if you want to dive the bridge on a weekend, take heed. Get there early or resign yourself to the Phil Foster Park Circle Brigade.

OMG! I was there on Sunday. We showed up about 7:15 am.. place was packed. Lots of classes. Crazy! And my buddies wanted to do part of the snorkel trail. Ugh.. I dive to get away from people!!!!! WE did get a nice 131+ min dive though and were one of the last out of the pool. Tide was ripping by then.

OMG! I was there on Sunday. We showed up about 7:15 am.. place was packed. Lots of classes. Crazy! And my buddies wanted to do part of the snorkel trail. Ugh.. I dive to get away from people!!!!! WE did get a nice 131+ min dive though and were one of the last out of the pool. Tide was ripping by then.

Yup, topside it was a madhouse! It actually wasn't too bad underwater. I expected worse honestly. At a couple of points I did run into large classes all circled up and on their knees :confused:. I just bypassed them and moved along.

I got in a fantastic 2h27m dive. It was a beautiful day!

For sure weekends are nuts if the weather is good. I am retired and can go any day of the week. Unfortunately, my regular dive buddy is still working. I have on occasion dove it solo during the week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom