blue heron bridge images/video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video esp enjoyed the swimming frogfish Thanks for posting
PS To all who noticed the lobsters Blue Heron is a NO TAKE ZONE (& most are smallish anyway)

Correct on the lobsters! BHB is a no take zone for everything: no nabbing an immature angelfish or seahorse for the home aquarium either!

I saw the swimming frogfish at the very western side of the fishing pier. I was observing the spadefish and scrawled filefish (some of whom are very courageous and will closely approach the camera) when I saw what looked like a swimming tennis ball come in from the boat channel. 'what in the world.....' was my first thought until it got a bit closer. Very interesting to see one actually moving: it was a first for me

D2Diver, those bugs will be gone pretty soon. Even the guys who live on the boats out in front of the beach have put shopping carts down on the bottom to make lobster condos.

you were right about the lobsters. I dove the west span yesterday (saturday july 25th) and they were all gone; in fact there was a carcass of one sitting right next to the debris pile on the north side of the fishing pier. I suspect that someone has been poaching

Very nice Video. Thanks for sharing with us. BHB is my favorite shore dive, however the amount of classes there on the weekends is becoming an issue. Also parking.....but if you get there early enough, it can be a gorgeous dive.

Very nice Video. Thanks for sharing with us. BHB is my favorite shore dive, however the amount of classes there on the weekends is becoming an issue. Also parking.....but if you get there early enough, it can be a gorgeous dive.

i was there this last saturday (high tide about 11:30 or so) and the parking was not an issue.... I think those early afternoon high tide's are the worst since divers are competing with folks arriving at the beach and picnicing (is that a word?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom