Blue grotto devils den?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been twice. The first time the area around the spring wasn't clean. Also we were charged more that $10 for a fill. We use HP steels, and each time we got 2800 even though we reminded them they were 3442. The changing facilities were below par compared to other places we have been.

There is very little too see as compared to Rainbow, Devils Den, and all the other area Springs.

We went back to give it another shot a few months later, but again were less than impressed. My wife ended up a nasty ear infection after the second trip. I'm not saying the Grotto caused this, but compared to the other areas it's not as clean.

Unfortunately, I have to agree about Blue Grotto. The last time I was there it was way too crowded and the viz was disappointing, compared to what it can be.

I say unfortunately as I had a good set of dives the first time I was there and I generally like the site. All that said, if you’ve never been there before, you should still check it out.

We have been twice. The first time the area around the spring wasn't clean. Also we were charged more that $10 for a fill. We use HP steels, and each time we got 2800 even though we reminded them they were 3442. The changing facilities were below par compared to other places we have been.

There is very little too see as compared to Rainbow, Devils Den, and all the other area Springs.

We went back to give it another shot a few months later, but again were less than impressed. My wife ended up a nasty ear infection after the second trip. I'm not saying the Grotto caused this, but compared to the other areas it's not as clean.

I have yet to do rainbow river, but have done Devils Den and Blue Grotto. I will say between the two, I choose the Grotto ten folds over the Den. Easier access, open area to play, and crydtal water (in the am till non-bouancy folks get there).

It is like any other spring people get in it and can't control themselfs it gets sturred up. I prefer the salt (and warm) water, but for a springs I have had good luck there. Hell Weeki Wachee gets sturred up.

As for the air prices you are right on, but I own plenty of tanks, and get them filled at home. The BBQ is great though, you hane to admit.

Just my thoughts.:14::14::14:

Just got back from crystal river diving for my birthday...Dived kings spring and a little bit of three sisters..Really fun dives and look forward top diving other springs in the area as my like of freshwater diving increases..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom