Blue grotto devils den?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnalaska

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am diving Blue Grotto and Devils Den on Saturday July 19 while down in Florida on vacation. I am looking for some extra divers to go with us. I am new to diving and going out guided with American pro diving in Crystal River. Since I am the only one going I have to pay twice the amount due, I am looking for some divers to join me to save some bucks and it is also always more fun to expirence things with other people. If you would like to go dive give them a call (352) 563-0041. they have a good website as well
Hopfully see ya soon
Jason in Alaska

Devils Den is a lot of fun. My wife and I both disgust Blue Grotto.

Rainbow River is fabulous. My wife and I been there many times, and absolutely love it. It's by FAR our favorite fresh water dive. We may join you on Rainbow River. However we go through someone else. American wants too much money. There is another operator that only charges $10 for the ride up the river.

http://www.manatee-central.com/

Captain Dave is 1st class. He lives on the river, and operates through Crystal Lodge Dive Center.

Devils Den is a lot of fun. My wife and I both disgust Blue Grotto.

Rainbow River is fabulous. We may join you on Rainbow River. However we go through someone else. There is another operator that only charges $10 for the ride up the river.

I'm curious - Why does Blue Grotto disgust you? Is it the graffiti on the walls?

I think all three locations are great but I dive Blue Grotto and Devil's Den on the week days because it can get crowded on weekends.

I'm curious - Why does Blue Grotto disgust you? Is it the graffiti on the walls?

I think all three locations are great but I dive Blue Grotto and Devil's Den on the week days because it can get crowded on weekends.

We have been twice. The first time the area around the spring wasn't clean. Also we were charged more that $10 for a fill. We use HP steels, and each time we got 2800 even though we reminded them they were 3442. The changing facilities were below par compared to other places we have been.

There is very little too see as compared to Rainbow, Devils Den, and all the other area Springs.

We went back to give it another shot a few months later, but again were less than impressed. My wife ended up a nasty ear infection after the second trip. I'm not saying the Grotto caused this, but compared to the other areas it's not as clean.

We have been twice. The first time the area around the spring wasn't clean. Also we were charged more that $10 for a fill. We use HP steels, and each time we got 2800 even though we reminded them they were 3442. The changing facilities were below par compared to other places we have been.

There is very little too see as compared to Rainbow, Devils Den, and all the other area Springs.

We went back to give it another shot a few months later, but again were less than impressed. My wife ended up a nasty ear infection after the second trip. I'm not saying the Grotto caused this, but compared to the other areas it's not as clean.
That makes sense.

I would be down for blue grotto and devils den. I havent been to either and after a couple of recommendations, i would especially like to check out Devils Den.

Anna

I agree 100%...I will not go back to blue grotto for a long time (if ever)! $42 entrance fee $10 a fill for air $18 a fill for nitrox....just crazy! And like you stated I also use steal 120's, and they filled them to 2300 PSI?? For $30 you can go dive Paradise Springs, and IMO is a much better dive.

I think everyone should dive them if they have never been there before. But I think they need to lower their prices a little.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Paradise is paradise. Might be a little much for a brand new diver though.

Totally agree!!!! One hell of a dive but not for newbies.

Paradise is paradise. Might be a little much for a brand new diver though.

True....it just sucks, every time I go to blue grotto the trip gets more expensive. I don't know, maybe its just me. I do like the dive though, it is a beautiful spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom