Blue Angel Dive site? Possibly...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOVIZWHIZ:
so if it was a bird strike, must have hit a flock....'course one through the fwd canopy can prob get pretty intense too.

I think it was the show "mythbusters" where they debunked the threat of a bird through the canopy... if I recall correctly.

They were actually testing the idea of whether or not a frozen bird does more damage to the windshield than a thawed bird. In the course of doing so, they covered the topic of military canopies and how they're designed so strong and aerodynamic as to eliminate that threat - the bird just splits into pulp as it passes over.
But using a light-weight civilian prop plane not rated for jet altitudes and speeds, they were able to blast a turkey right through the windshield - frozen or not.
Mass X Velocity baby!

Now that we're COMPLETELY off diving.. lol. It's a neat show idea. They test the myths of someone shooting a bullet of ice so as to NOT leave any evidence behind. Or whether or not a ceiling fan could crack your skull if you were jumping on the bed.
Or whether or not you can beat a breathalyzer with the various rumored methods out there. Did Lucille Ball really pick up radio transmissions in her fillings? Etc, etc.

Reel Crazy14:
why would you want to dive it? It's small, no marine growth or fish, just a jet thats probably busted into pieces. You need to get out of those springs and dive some better spots! But if you want to dive it then more power to you.

It would eventually have growth and attract fish.

Desa:
There is an F-4 fighter you can dive on in a quarry in Alabama.

JoshTJamesDean.sized.jpg

Fun fun :)

Will The Guruu Be Diving With Cd? Stay Tuned For More On This Pms Adventure.

She may actually be the closest DM to me that offers cavern classes, it appears she is an accomplished diver from her website - I wouldn't mind taking the class one of these days. Somehow, I doubt she'd accept me though :p

Actually, it would be a gracious gesture if she does. I think it would go a long way to show that sometimes things written out in text do create misunderstandings and other people see things in differently without intending illwill to others. Judging from her posts in the past I think she is that sort of person. :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
She may actually be the closest DM to me that offers cavern classes, it appears she is an accomplished diver from her website

Is there something about her being a DM on the website? She progressed past DM 10 years ago; I can't imagine there are any references to DM in her site. Let me know so I can correct it [I'm the webmaster].

I wouldn't mind taking the class one of these days. Somehow, I doubt she'd accept me though

That's probably a safe assumption.

Spectre:
Is there something about her being a DM on the website? She progressed past DM 10 years ago; I can't imagine there are any references to DM in her site. Let me know so I can correct it [I'm the webmaster].

I was going off memory, I was probably incorrect about her title - I just remembered her teaching the classes. *shrugs*

SuPrBuGmAn:
I was going off memory, I was probably incorrect about her title - I just remembered her teaching the classes. *shrugs*
Run Away Bug Man. Its just too easy to shut off your air at 80 feet. Find another instructor.

Looks like the navy is pulling the jet this week.

Blue Angels release 2005 schedule; Navy salvages jet

WPMI-TV

The Blue Angels released their 2005 airshow schedule yesterday as the Navy began salvaging one of theprecision flying team's jets from the Gulf of Mexico where itcrashed last week.(PENSACOLA, Fla.-AP) -

Lieutenant Ted Steelman of Star, Idaho, one of the team's sixpilots, safely ejected from the F/A-18 Hornet on December firstabout ten miles from Pensacola Naval Air Station.

Steelman was rescued from the gulf in good condition off PerdidoKey, a barrier island on the Florida-Alabama border. The cause ofthe crash remains under investigation.

The Blue Angels will fly 69 demonstrations at 35 sites,including stops in Seattle, San Francisco and Brunswick, Maine. Theschedule includes five Florida sites: Punta Gorda, Pensacola Beach,Gainesville, Jacksonville Beach and Pensacola Naval Air Station.

SuPrBuGmAn:

yep checkout the profile and then her site.. and yes, you are right she is probably the closest cavern/intro to cave instructor to you. Vortex had one on staff, but iirc he had to drive from cave country... and she also teaches some other gases as well...My guess would be less than 60 miles...

Looking forward to diving AL/FL coast again....(soon)

Danny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom