Blowing Tank Air on a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ridiculous thread :poke:

Funny thing, I live on Bonaire and I do see this done a lot even in 2023. It generally seems to be the Dutch divers that do it. My regulator dust "cap" is a ball with no recess to hold water. It's dry in seconds in the sun before I get a chance to install it.

Even I know it's amateur to do this.

Use your towel, and get a better cap if you need to. "My scubapro comes with an ignorant cap thats hard to dry" is not a valid excuse.

Also, you can leave the damn cap on the boat where it'll stay dry. My din caps are tied to my reg bag, not my reg.

Noise drives me bats. You hear a lot of it at the local quarry during OW classes.

I see no reason to bring dust caps under water. On the contrary, they seem like an obvious snag hazard; I’m sure innumerable divers have died from dust cap entanglement. Just leave them on the boat / in the car and they’re dry and ready when needed after the dive.

Are people attaching the dust cap to the hose during the dive?

I just leave my dust caps in my dry bag …

I’m sure innumerable divers have died from dust cap entanglement.

Is that entanglement from the long hoses of annoyed people sitting next to that diver? 😂

My dust caps don't get wet. Both tank and first stage dust caps go in a ziploc bag in my small drybag after I've set up my tank.

Back
Top Bottom