Blowing Tank Air on a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba air is dry, dont chca no? I can't understand why they make a cap with a recess that holds water. It should just be a simple sphere?
Agreed. design sucks.

Spit balling maybe they want them to wear down overtime so consumer buys another one. My conspiracy side thinks

As per the reg manufacturer instructions...

"After the dive, blow all water out of the dust cap with clean dry air and place the cap securely
on the regulator inlet. On multiple tank dives, use great care to keep salt water out of the
regulator inlet when tanks are changed. Neglecting these simple procedures is the greatest
cause of corrosion and wear in scuba regulators."
May small insects always infect the nether region of whoever wrote that.

I was in Bonaire last year in July, and I saw a lot of folks after a boat dive blowing air from their tank on their first stage.

I was never trained to do that, does anyone know why they did that? It seemed to be folks that were dutch, but I don't want to be stereotypical. I should have asked but I didn't.

I am going back in 20 days, so I want to be able to show off (ha) if that is the correct thing to do to my brother.

I was in Bonaire last year in July, and I saw a lot of folks after a boat dive blowing air from their tank on their first stage.

I was never trained to do that, does anyone know why they did that? It seemed to be folks that were dutch, but I don't want to be stereotypical. I should have asked but I didn't.

I am going back in 20 days, so I want to be able to show off (ha) if that is the correct thing to do to my brother.
Not sure why but, the question "why do people blast air on the first stage dust caps" popped into my head a couple days ago. I assumed the practice had something to do with sealed vs unsealed sealed first stage. Finding the right terms to get an answer wasn't the most straight forward quest :)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom