"blow outs" on NC shore dives???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello everyone,

Thanks for the great advice on NC diving I have gotten here so far!!

I am planning to do some shore diving in NC or VA (if that is possible) around Mem. day as a sidelight to a larger vacation. I( have never been shore diving and will be hiring a DM/guide to with me for safety.) I read here about the high blow out rate for NC boat dives, I was wondering is it common for shore dives in the area to be "blown out" as well? I'm trying to avoid travelling a long distance and not being able to dive because of conditions, if that's possible. thanks in advance

the nags head and hatteras area has some shore dives....do a search on the pc under shore dives nc and you will get some contacts/.

junko:
hello everyone,

Thanks for the great advice on NC diving I have gotten here so far!!

I am planning to do some shore diving in NC or VA (if that is possible) around Mem. day as a sidelight to a larger vacation. I( have never been shore diving and will be hiring a DM/guide to with me for safety.) I read here about the high blow out rate for NC boat dives, I was wondering is it common for shore dives in the area to be "blown out" as well? I'm trying to avoid travelling a long distance and not being able to dive because of conditions, if that's possible. thanks in advance

I dive VA Beach and also NC... by far the better diving is in NC... VA Beach diving well... sucks. Actually - that's not completely true - it's just that everytime I go there is some kind of issue, the water is cold, the vis sucks... etc...

zboss,

That is what I expected about VA beach since I don't hear much talk about diving there....

I've postponed my trip--I plan to go to NC in late summer instead when I will be able to spend several days there and dive on a boat and do it correctly, instead of rushing things.

Back
Top Bottom