Blood in spit after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concur with the other posters who said that this sounds like sinus and middle ear barotrauma. It can take a while for the inflammation in the sinuses and Eustachian tubes to subside, so I would recommend staying away from diving for several weeks. A visit to an ENT is a good idea.

From your description, your symptoms are not consistent with pulmonary (lung) barotrauma or decompression sickness.

Best regards,
DDM
I am going to the hospital later and figure it out more precisely. But looking up all the symptoms, you are right, I reckon. Thank you for your post!

I had similar symptoms during my OW certification dives. Bloody nose and blood in my saliva. Instructor attributed it to sinus issues as described above by the others.

I too had a headache, but that was attributable to the 90 degree heat combined with all the surface work while wearing my 8mm Hollis.

Back
Top Bottom