Blast from the past 3, G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
IMG_1131.jpegIMG_1133.jpegIMG_1132.jpegIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1134.jpegI didn’t get any G250’s with the box ‘o Regs but I did get 3 of these little pamphlets on the “newest thing. G250

Last page
IMG_1136.jpeg
And a unit that I normally just toss in the trash but this one has an interesting clock works bottom timer, so now I need to decide if it should be kept intact or strip the timer out and toss the rest…
IMG_1138.jpeg

Last page
View attachment 864038
And a unit that I normally just toss in the trash but this one has an interesting clock works bottom timer, so now I need to decide if it should be kept intact or strip the timer out and toss the rest…
View attachment 864039
The Pennaform (spelling?) consoles were the in thing if you were hip and mod. They went well with your between and after dive leisure suits. The Bottom Timer was my go to device for tracking a dive. I still have two and they work just fine if I was to use them. They need to be wound now and again.

The fiberglass reinforced case of the G250 is mentioned in one of the pages. It is one of the things that to this day, along with the G260, separates them from the plethora of junk. They can take a licking and keep on ticking. And the hard diaphragm cover that will not turn to goo or get hard and crack in a mere 10 years (Atomic, AL, yeah, you guys and your ilk).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom