Blancaneaux Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valwood1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any opinions on this resort on Ambergris Caye?

Greetings. Blancaneaux lodge is on the mainland. About 1.5 hours inland from Belize City. It is not on Ambergris Caye. I stayed at a nice place on Ambergris in 2003 called Portofino. It's nice and quiet, about 6 miles by water taxi from San Pedro (town on Ambergris Caye). Feel free to PM me with Q's.

The Coppola family also operates the Turtle Inn, which is on the mainland as well, but on the beach (near Placencia) and offers scuba. I haven't stayed at either, so can offer no opinion about the resorts. I have visited both Ambergris Caye and Placencia, however, and - if you'd like to combine your diving with a lot of topside adventures - then staying at a mainland southern beach resort might be a good option. (We thought the diving from Placencia was very good, and also enjoyed our visits to Mayan ruins, the Monkey River tour, hiking and jungle walks, etc). Cheers!

Turtle inn is beautiful - but they do have a weird way of confirming diving - also found it to be incredibly expensive compared to rest of Placencia and way more expensive than San Pedro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom