BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The main questions is HAS ANYONE (DIVER's I MEAN) used the BLADEFISH yet? They are already being sold on eBay for under $600, but I'm curious as to know if any diver has used one of these puppies yet? I could see how this new design is awesome for dive trips where every ounce of luggage counts.

Just ordered 2 units from scuba.com. 699 no tax/shipping. I will give a review as soon as possible

Any new reports on how well the Bladefish 5000 works? I have a SeaDoo and love it, but this looks like it could be a worthy replacement!

Out of 114 posts I think only 2 or 3 of us have used the BladeFish 5000 tho deeperthoughts has a couple he's going to tell us about. It would be a good replacement for the Sea-Doo but like anything there are pros and cons and it is pricier than say the GTI or VS Supercharged

Here is my review from earlier in the thread(with a few edits/updates)

Pros:
Compactness: At only 10 pounds and small footprint it's a slam dunk for airplane travel-and I don't think TSA would have a problem with it(doesn't look like a torpedo) and amazingly light and portable for shore diving(finally, a piece of scuba gear that's user friendly out of the water)
Power: It will easily tow a diver with full gear
Run Time: between 1-2 hours and quick recharge(comparably)
Battery: Small Lithium Ion batteries don't take up space on unit-and you don't need to worry about charging them every few months
Battery Indicator Light Extremely bright and easy to see
Ease of use Very hassle free-plug in to charge-unplug and go -that's it(don't forget that plug tho)

Cons:
Noise: It's pretty loud-because it's a very small scooter there isn't much room for sound insulation
Battery: Can't switch out those Lithium Ion batteries-you'll need to wait for it to recharge before your next dive-and after about 500-1000 dives the scooter is dead-tho I've heard you may be able to send it in for battery replacement
Ergonomics:Not to bad but less fluid than a torpedo type scooter

Bottom Line: Look, the BladeFish just isn't going to replace torpedo shaped scooters but If space is a real issue, if you love shore diving but hate carrying your heavy scooter or if your a frequent traveler the BladeFish is definitely worth taking a look at.

Hopefully I will be taking my boat out tommorrow and will check them out.

We took the scooters out today. They seemed just as strong as the Sea Doo Explorer which I also own.
They are lightweight and easy to handle. The noise seems comparable to the others.
My hands did hurt after using it a while though.

the machine is no on the market for a couple of months. is there any clear information about the actual speed with a diver in gear with single tank. I would like some for our dive school but it looks foolish if we have to push them instead of the bladefish is towing us. they there will be a test on tahoebenchmark.com but there's still nothing. the video's on utube of i diver going through a wreck (slow and on full speed?) and a dive going arround in the pool doesn't make me running to the shop and get some.
so if somebody who did some rides with it could give me some other info than the guys from the shop who are reading the brochure to me i would be pleased.

Sounds like it's worthy for a leisurely dive! I don't need to be zipping around at 10 knots for a 5 hour dive at 300' deep. So for me it sounds good.

Now, does anyone know who the actual MFG is and/or if they offer a keyman deal? :idk: I emailed Bladefishdirect.com but no answer nor know if they ARE the MFG...there's also bladefishseajet.com but the site SEEMS like they are just a distributor.

Sounds like it's worthy for a leisurely dive! I don't need to be zipping around at 10 knots for a 5 hour dive at 300' deep. So for me it sounds good.

Now, does anyone know who the actual MFG is and/or if they offer a keyman deal? :idk: I emailed Bladefishdirect.com but no answer nor know if they ARE the MFG...there's also bladefishseajet.com but the site SEEMS like they are just a distributor.

I bought 2 from scuba.com for $ 698 each total. They were prompt and I would use them again

Back
Top Bottom