BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I played around with one this last weekend and loved it. It is very light and easy to use. It does torque the hands a little more due to less mass but overall highly recommend it for pleasure diving and travel. I wouldn't want it for cave or tech but it has its place.

the machine is no on the market for a couple of months. is there any clear information about the actual speed with a diver in gear with single tank. I would like some for our dive school but it looks foolish if we have to push them instead of the bladefish is towing us. they there will be a test on tahoebenchmark.com but there's still nothing. the video's on utube of i diver going through a wreck (slow and on full speed?) and a dive going arround in the pool doesn't make me running to the shop and get some.
so if somebody who did some rides with it could give me some other info than the guys from the shop who are reading the brochure to me i would be pleased

We would LOVE to test the Bladefish this year at Tahoe!

However, the manufacturers are notoriously difficult to pin down; anyone interested in loaning their personal unit for the test?

As a point of information, an experienced freediver will run ~19% faster on a scooter than they will in the Tahoe standard configuration (drysuit, BP/W, single). Also, a freediver (snorkeler) is faster underwater than on the surface.

Right now, the downloads of the research paper are frozen, pending retest of a factory UV-26, and the weather isn't really cooperating...:depressed:

UV2603Apr2010.jpg

All the best, James

can you tell me something about the speed.

Have you read this entire thread?

210 watt motors are going to have great difficulty exceeding about 1.5-1.6 mph pulling a skilled, streamlined single tank diver.

Tobin

can you tell me something about the speed.

I cannot give you MPH. I weigh 215 and had a 3mm suit and scubatank. The units speed was on par with the Seadoo Explorer(which I also own)

I was doing a shallow reef and really enjoyed the unit except for the hand ache

I cannot give you MPH. I weigh 215 and had a 3mm suit and scubatank. The units speed was on par with the Seadoo Explorer(which I also own)

would it be of any sence to buy this machine and use it for teaching dpv try dives and specialties. just on normal dive sites. or do a longer distance dive to reach a reef just from the shore?

would it be of any sence to buy this machine and use it for teaching dpv try dives and specialties. just on normal dive sites. or do a longer distance dive to reach a reef just from the shore?

My experience - students want state-of-the-art scooters. We had slower scooters in our intro to DPV class. Ultimately, everyone went to using the Mako-type scooter and left the slower ones in the dive locker. Since it was tech-type class no one really wanted something that couldn't go deeper, or match speeds with a Mako-style scooter.

X

It's impressive a 10# DPV can tow a 215 lb. diver with full gear through the water. It would be interesting to figure out the Power-To-Weight ratio for the BladeFish 5000

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom