BlackTip Prop Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't loaded the custom firmware yet. I want cruise control, but I want more experience before I start using it. IMO, that's a bigger modification (due to safety concerns of a runaway) than the handle and I'm following your advice :). I'm out hunting and being able to switch hands easily is convenient. I didn't blindly buy the t-handle. I pointed an experienced buddy to it and he immediately bought it. I waited to see it on his BT and hear what he had to say about it. He loved it, so I pulled the trigger. It was an immediate user experience upgrade, zero regrets.

I haven't loaded the custom firmware yet. I want cruise control, but I want more experience before I start using it. IMO, that's a bigger modification (due to safety concerns of a runaway) than the handle and I'm following your advice :). I'm out hunting and being able to switch hands easily is convenient. I didn't blindly buy the t-handle. I pointed an experienced buddy to it and he immediately bought it. I waited to see it on his BT and hear what he had to say about it. He loved it, so I pulled the trigger. It was an immediate user experience upgrade, zero regrets.

Very cool. Again, apologies for sounding pedantic or condescending. Enjoy!

recently, I bought a short case for BT with 1 battery total weight around 9kg.

Second, I know I said this before, and I apologize for sounding like a broken record - so I will let it go after this - but spend some good quality time with your BlackTip. Go take it diving. Get a really good feel for how all the stock aspects of it work before you worry about "upgrading" any of its parts.
Unlike basically every other scooter sold commercially, there is some kind of weird cultural phenomenon that exploded with Blacktips turning them into the underwater version of a Jeepney. For the love of God why do you need headlights, 2+ gopros, endless software changes and custom handles!

Attachments

• d9bda50f5b66a9a6147e55693c84e035.jpg
    d9bda50f5b66a9a6147e55693c84e035.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 42
Unlike basically every other scooter sold commercially, there is some kind of weird cultural phenomenon that exploded with Blacktips turning them into the underwater version of a Jeepney. For the love of God why do you need headlights, 2+ gopros, endless software changes and custom handles!

LOL!! You have transcribed my mind accurately. Thank you, sir.

I think it is a natural corollary to the market changing from "people who need a DPV to accomplish the mission they've set for themselves" to "people who think DPVs are cool and just want one". Itself a natural corollary to changing from "very expensive" to "affordable by the masses". From "mission tool" to "fun toy".

I think @laikabear really captured the cultural shift when she posted this photo of her BlackTip. The fuzzy dice are what really does it for me. LOL!

1700599096259.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom